Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I'm sure everyone hopes you feel better.

I would hope that too but people have better things to do.

Again though, people were only attempting to help you when you asked for it. I'm guessing some of us won't make that mistake again. You don't seem interested in changing anything, or hearing what anyone thinks might be wrong with your writing, so I'd suggest not asking about that. At least don't ask from a site apparently full of nothing but jealous women (who knew?!).

It all boils down to who is telling me what's up. Or how I can improve. A mentor is a well-spring from which I flow. If the water is brackish, foul and disagreeable, I tend to recoil and raise an eye brow. Something is amiss inside herhis soul. Axes to grind perhaps. If you're not at peace with yourself, how can you calm and reassure another?

And there you are off again and again. driving your point and leading your charge,, Ms. self-proclaimed snark editor who gets paid for it, and will not stop dishing it out just because she is such a tough red-liner. I don't listen to critique? go look at the site now. You tell me exactly what changed and I where I bettered myself. There is no better or improvement with you. Or are you blind to that--you'll see nothing there because your mind is trained to pick up the negative, the inferior, the cynical in all you see and touch. This "WTF" of yours, this "plagiarism" charge and my "jealously" of women is just so over the top that I expect you to be high, heated up or drunk. Jealous of women? Christ, that's why I'm competing with you. 90% percent of my story leads are women persons You're an insulting dervish who hasn't written or published anything worth its salt, nor have you had multiple agents, drafted and published novels, novellas, shorts, poems, radio plays 2000 science articles, no awards, and God knows what else. And you're telling me, Aw junior member that you are, that I should not be fit to darken your presence here if I can't stand your heat.

Ok, if you have some problem with working with women, or with the fact that women write and agent and edit, and that some of them may not like your work, that's your problem. That's not hordes running off men.
Quite the opposite--nothing but admiration and friendship with the lady mates-hundreds of them--never a tussle, never a fight, never a harsh word. A diplomatic union where problems are solves swiftly and painlessly. I could out-suffragette you. My teams believe in credit where credit is due, room for allowances, compromise and due patience.

That was not a critique thread. It was an intro discussion group for romance writers new and old. That thread went to the critique section when the dust settled. I asked simple questions--you took it upon yourself to line-by-line me, as you've done above and done with countless members here, jumping into a thread with an accusatory nature. You do know about the rules in respecting authors around here, eh? You've heard of that before. Or are you too caught up in expressing your wondrous editing talents that you have to hit your dollar marks every so often on the side. Hey, skim these newbies--you can shark these waters, they'll bow down to the editing Goddess. Overcharge them without a smile. That'll teach 'em to be tough.

I'm confused about what the breakdown of the sexes here means.
The sex thing again. Women are where the money is--they buy most of the books--men buy much less. I want to sell more books to women. Women don't hate me. They don't avoid me. Women have bought all my books and stories. Guys pubbed my magazine stories and articles.

Blue shift is an astronomy term that means an object or planetary body that moves toward the Earth or toward your plain of vision shifts light in the blue spectrum. So I say, if a person is walking toward me, it's just fun to say he's blue-shifting my way. Red-shift. That means going away, leaving, shifting to the red spectrum. I'm red-shiftin' outta here. It's a universal things.

Did you realize that many Native American Indian tales or lore and magic are mass printed and in the public domain? I'm talking about the great tribal tales handed down by the elders--told for generations. Now, an Indian biography? Hands off, history too.

What gives me the right to breech such subjects? The effin guts and courage to try and write about it and get it right. You think I won't be vetted and scrutinized? The idea is to do something in this business that no one else dares to try.

You don't seem interested in how it the other is offensive to women, so....
What are you talking about? "Offense?" What other is offensive to women? Do you know how you are insufferably offense to men when you continuously bring up sexism, offense, misogynists, ill treatment, disrespect.

You deal with copyright owners before you deal with the court. It's too late if it's court time. But let me tell you something, ms. not law enforcement, it is a misdemeanor and handled so so lightly and courteously it is solved with a C-note or less. I used half the song lyrics in a Frank Sinatra tune and paid 50 bucks for it. That was that.

That model was off the site hours ago. I'm tracking down the last bits of it that might have gotten re-blogged or shared, or moved. But I notified the Wordpress owner and stated, dated and signed that I had began removing questionable personal photos from my site, so that he could verify it. I know you're all hepped about burning that witch that stole all of those books from those famous romance writers, but you'll have to look elsewhere for a lawsuit from me. I know that aches.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
For the record, indicating sexism is not sexist, pointing out misogyny is not misandrist, etc etc

And copyright infringements don't all end with the offender's wallet a mere $50 lighter.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Closing the thread for now, forum mod may decide otherwise.

-Derek

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
This thread can stay locked.

triceretops you've gone way beyond violating respect your fellow writer to specifically attacking members who were attempting to help you, at your request, and who gave you good advice.

You know better.

I'm sorry for your health problems. I know it's rough. But violating copyright, using someone else's words as your own, and then attacking the people who are trying to help you isn't acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.