March Madness 2019

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
It's selection Sunday and some of the matchups have already been set. Who do you like to win it all? What are some of your upsets?

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Right now I am considering Purdue getting to the final four. I'm skeptical though because traditionally Big Ten teams are very hit or miss in the tournament. They could go to the final four or just as easily lose the first game.

Duke seems to be the big favorite because of Zion. I also think they might have the easiest region. I think the West is the hardest.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I will be rooting for North Dakota State and Arizona State on Wednesday during the play in games. Then the field of 64 starts on Thursday. Gonna be exciting.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't even have any idea what you people are talking about. I'm guessing it's not the NSW election?

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
North Dakota State beat North Carolina Central and will get the first shot at upsetting Duke on Friday. Waiting to see what happens with ASU in the late game before filling out my bracket. I will post my final four picks before the start of Thursday's game. I'm sure the suspense is killing you.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
OK, less than 12 hours until tip off. Here are some predictions.

First round upsets - Arizona State over Buffalo, Oregon over Wisconsin, and New Mexico State over Auburn are my big three. I have Minnesota and Seton Hall pulling minor upsets as the 10 seed.

I have Oregon making a run to the sweet 16.

My Final Four are Duke, Virginia, Kentucky, and Nevada. With Nevada beating Kentucky in the title game.

I know it's a homer pick to go with Nevada but they are a good team. They made a nice run in the tournament last year and finished in the top 20, being as high as #6 in the country at one point. They can make a real run at it. Or they could lose in the first game against Florida Thursday afternoon. It can go either way.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Two for two with Minnesota and LSU winning. So far I have a perfect bracket. My upset pick of New Mexico state it down by nine in the second half.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Nevada lost the first game. So I'm out. I've never been out faster than this year. Nevada just sucked. They were way off from behind the three point line, misses a lot of free throws, and had more turnovers than assists. They were down 18 before making a big run to come back and got within two points in the final four minutes, but lost by nine. So that ends my tournament posting. Maybe things will be better next year. Can't get any worse.

What a failure.

For those of you still alive in your brackets, good luck.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Join me in congratulating (my very own) Virginia Cavaliers!!! :snoopy: