query format humor

Greco

Registered
Reaction score
I've spent the better part of my week off work trying to finally piece together a query letter for my novel - think 16 Candles meets My Big Fat Greek Wedding with a male main character- and most of the advice I've run into is for mysteries, fantasy and the like.

Query shark is where I've spent most of my time reading. Would you suggest I follow the basic model on that site - introduce the MC, dilemma, stakes - with a spalsh of humor?

Also - Any advice for which query letter editiors to use would also be greatly aprreciated.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Greco. Have you read the highly informative stickies at the board dedicated to Query Letters? They can guide you pretty well once you've read and absorbed their contents.

Maryn, kind of sponge-like as needed

Greco

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Maryn
Yes I've looked at Andrew Jameson's posts and the work of others - it's sensational - I was wondering if the genre of the work influences the style of the query letter.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Other than the general tone, I suspect not--but I'm hardly the expert. There's a lot more stickies, of course. Collect them all, right?