Hello from NZ

DeeDub

Registered
Reaction score
Morena y'all,

I'm a Canadian who lived in the US most of his life, but also part Maori, so moved to New Zealand five years back with my redneck wife. Note: I've really been dining on the whole "hey, I'm in NZ" for a while but won't be hammering that here beyond this note.

I've written a handful of books that aren't bad, a new one in July. They don't fit into a genre, but they're all humorous in some way. People seem to like them but marketing them is a bear.

For my day gig, I produce a nightly, live comedy-news program here in NZ. High stress, sure, but you can manage it if you develop a drinking habit.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone here. I can be a bit of a recluse but I'm trying to do better (read: my reckneck wife is trying to make me better).

Cheers,
--Dick
DickWybrow.com

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Kia ora, DeeDub.

There are plenty of Kiwis* on AW, so you'll feel right at home.

Much love from across the Ditch to our Kiwi brothers and sisters.

*And Canadians

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kia ora, DeeDub.

There are plenty of Kiwis* on AW, so you'll feel right at home.

Much love from across the Ditch to our Kiwi brothers and sisters.

*And Canadians

Very much love. What a terrible, terrible day.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
There is a pretty robust group of us Kiwis here, and peeps who move around a lot or are ex-pats (as a Kiwi who moved from Scotland to the US).

DeeDub

Registered
Reaction score
Wrote my hello in the morning, by afternoon all hell breaks loose.

Long day at the show, back in today for prep. But wanted to say thanks for the nice words, y'all.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Best wishes to NZ moving ahead. Good luck with your writing project.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Wrote my hello in the morning, by afternoon all hell breaks loose.

Long day at the show, back in today for prep. But wanted to say thanks for the nice words, y'all.

I live in Las Vegas and we had a mass shooting here eighteen months ago. It changes the community forever. Something has to be done to stop all the violence and hate. The world needs love. Glad you are safe. Enjoy your stay here.