The Beautiful Land of Kayfabe

beautiful_land

Registered
Reaction score
I know pro wrestling isn't a real sport. But there is a lot of athleticism in this form of storytelling and sharing thoughts here might let some of you get to know me better. Of course, any thoughts you wish to share or questions you have are welcome.

Unfortunately, I'll start with some disappointing real life news. Tommaso Ciampa, one of WWE's brightest prospects is having neck surgery tomorrow in the form of an anterior cervical fusion. I have read different opinions today how long the recovery process with anywhere from six to 14 months reported.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/tommaso-ciampa-undergo-neck-surgery-278626

It stinks because Ciampa had become a star in the E's NXT developmental program. He was going to wind up a two-year storyline with Johnny Gargano at the big NXT show during WrestleMania weekend. When the storyline started with Ciampa turning heel on Gargano, things had to be postponed because the former tore his ACL.

Ciampa had also been called up to the main roster last month.

Here's this guy who's been wrestling for 14 years getting his big break and then this happens.

Today's pro wrestlers believe in making things look as real as possible, but that physical style takes its toll. Especially when guys and gals work for many years on the indy scene where some wrestlers are a little more dangerous to work with with.

Anyway, that's me.

beautiful_land

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think WWE could've bungled this Becky Lynch-Ronda Rousey-Charlotte Flair WrestleMania storyline more than they have, but at least those three will have a good match together.

beautiful_land

Registered
Reaction score
This is from Monday night. It is insane, silly, over-the-top and I loved every second of it.

Some quick things
1) Becky, Ronda and Charlotte deserve to be headlining WrestleMania
2) These three, Sasha and Alexa and the others make this by far the most talented women's division WWE has ever had.
3) I would love to play a security extra on a show.
4) "Kiss my foot, ya little weirdo!"
5) Ronda is the best Uber driver in the world. Didn't know you could drive while handcuffed.
6) Charlotte's last kick was actually kind of dangerous
7) I love pro wrestling
8) I'm told there is a farm along the Dubuque/Delaware County border where Cascade kids go to party with those from other schools. I'm guessing this is how those nights usually end.

Happy WrestleMania Week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg49e7oB4lQ