Throwing a "Hail Mary"... What would you do?

charles19

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone:

I wrote a screenplay about 17 years ago. I recently found it in a file in my computer that I forgot even existed. As I read through the text I laughed at the content (it is a comedy script). I realized that it likely had potential. I am cleaning it up now and I figure I have nothing to lose by sending it around. I might just have it read over and critiqued first before sending it to... That's the thing. I am not sure where to send it. If you were throwing a Hail Mary, and were in my situation, please let me know what you would do.

-Charles

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I'd buy a copy of Dave Trottier's The Screenwriter's Bible. Book V tells you everything you want to know....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1935247107/?tag=absowrit-20

On the Amazon link, click on the book image (to the left right) and go to the Table of Contents. Read through Book V contents.

Your local, public library may have a copy for free, or they may purchase a copy if you ask them nicely.

EDIT: Ooops, left!

Last edited:

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like you are manually formatting your screenplay, based on other threads you started today. I'd buy the book and make sure your formatting is correct, if you are doing it manually and if you will not buy the current version of Final Draft screenwriting software.