KDP (formerly CreateSpace)

WickedRose

Registered
Reaction score
I used to publish with CreateSpace and really liked the platform. Customer service was great, too.
Switching to KDP hasn't gone well at all. Having trouble uploading my files and contacted customer service multiple times. Very nice people but they don't seem to know what they are doing. Perhaps they didn't keep any of the experienced people from CreateSpace.
I've decided to use IngramSpark and so far everything is going great. Just ordered my first proof copy so will see. It's a little more expensive but hoping it's worth it.
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with KDP.

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
I have 3 books on Amazon, all published with KDP. Admittedly though, my first book was sort of a publishing hybrid - if I remember correctly I had to publish the electronic version on KDP and the print version on CreateSpace (I might have that reversed though). After that, everything has gone up on KDP and I've had no severe issues. For the most part it's gone smoothly every time, and the issues I've had were easily dealt with via customer service.

CeeMe29

Registered
Reaction score
I thought about going with Ingram. They make your books available so that bookstores can stock them if they want to, from what I've been told.
I didn't find their response time to my emails very timely, but I wasn't a customer, just trying to get information about them.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Do you or anyone else has illustrations in your book with IS?

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
I've just had an ebook go live on KDP (28th of Feb) and I'm just waiting for the paperback. I've *touch wood* had no issues with uploading either the cover or the manuscript: it all seemed pretty straight forward. It's my first time going self-pub, so I'm hoping (okay praying) it will stay okay. What issues have you had with manuscript?

WickedRose

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, ok perhaps I will give KDP a try again soon. I just had some formatting issues that I couldn't get resolved and since I previously published the book it was just kinda odd and frustrating. With IngramSpark I had no problem whatsoever.

WickedRose

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't find their response time to my emails very timely, but I wasn't a customer, just trying to get information about them.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Do you or anyone else has illustrations in your book with IS?

I've contacted IS through their instant messenger and I've talked with them on the phone. It's tons faster than emailing.

I have a lot of photos in my book. It's been a challenge getting the formatting just right but it was well worth the effort.

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
Just pushed my new novel (Desperation) in Kindle and paperback form up with KDP. Looks good, but I have to wait 72 hours to see how it goes.
I also ordered 3 author copies for me give away.