Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
Just got my first reviews via Hidden Gems (https://www.hiddengemsbooks.com/) - BOTH 5 STAR - and thoughtfully written.
(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1980745153/?tag=absowrit-20)

The singular issue I've discovered with with Hidden Gems is that they don't have much Sci-Fi, so the number of reviewers for that genre are low in number. So, anyone else writing Sci-Fi that wants reviews, go to Hidden Gems and we'll help each other.

Is there a place to read the reviews? Your Amazon link goes to a page about selling textbooks.

ironmikezero

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
That's strange, Beth . . . Ken's amazon link works fine for me; scrolling down I find the reviews he referenced.

PandaMan

Panda girls are the best!
Registered
Reaction score
Is there a place to read the reviews? Your Amazon link goes to a page about selling textbooks.

I think you hit the wrong link. Indianroads has two links. You hit the first one. It's the 2nd one you want.

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
That's strange, Beth . . . Ken's amazon link works fine for me; scrolling down I find the reviews he referenced.

I think you hit the wrong link. Indianroads has two links. You hit the first one. It's the 2nd one you want.

The second one is the one I meant. I clicked on it again just now, and this time it went to the correct page. I have no idea what happened the first time.

indianroads

Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
I'm checking out Reedsy Discovery now. It's new, so there isn't such a long wait for reviews - at $50 to start, it's more expensive than Hidden Gems. I'll post again when I learn more.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know it's only been a week, but have you noticed any affect on sales, if you don't mind my asking?

Although reviews are important (and exciting when they are good!) it seems to me the hard part is getting my book high enough on someone's search hits for them to get to the reviews in the first place. Do more reviews (and good ones) make that happen? Serious question.

indianroads

Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
I know it's only been a week, but have you noticed any affect on sales, if you don't mind my asking?

Although reviews are important (and exciting when they are good!) it seems to me the hard part is getting my book high enough on someone's search hits for them to get to the reviews in the first place. Do more reviews (and good ones) make that happen? Serious question.

The hidden gems review process has only just ended, so it’s too early to tell. I hope that reviews sort of act like an extension of the product description. I often look at them prior to purchase.