Backgrounds and details for personal websites

HD Simplicityy

Registered
Reaction score
Im redoing my prematurely launched personal site, and Im seeing myself really indecisive over my background and other details. Should the blog title be separate from the rest of the site? Should my subscribe button be at the bottom of the blog page, on some other page, or in a different location on my blog page? Does every last detail need to be directly related to what you write? Lol. Thoughts?

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
Im ... indecisive over my background ... Does every last detail need to be directly related to what you write?

Dpends on your purpose. If it's professional, to sell your works, yes. what is on it must relate in some way to that purpose. Your readers have plenty of other things to spend thier time on. You must make your time with them count. Writing is a hard business. You must make every instant of their time with you count.

Tell about yourself only what you are comfortable revealing to the public. And be cautious. As you become popular you will attract more haters. They will seize on the slightest excuse to hurt you.

Diana_Rajchel

Writing from my Seaside Palace
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.dianarajchel.com
Start simple, and use a template you can manage. What is your website platforms? Plain backgrounds are usually easier to read; few people use RSS readers so feeds are better saved for podcasts. Is this a blog? Will it point to your social media? I recommend you check out the sites of other authors and see what reads well to you. Also Googling articles on ideal web design for writers is really helpful especially when you organize by date.