Wordpress mailing list help

Earthling

I come in peace
Registered
Reaction score
I have a Wordpress site and I would like to add a mailing list sign-up. To be 100% clear I mean something like MailChimp, not just the 'subscribe to this blog' widget, which I have.

I'm not very techy with websites and when I googled to find out how to do this, I didn't really have enough understanding to get much from the articles. What I gather is that the only way I can have a mailing list sign-up is to get the Wordpress business plan (£20 a month) and either add a plugin or use the Javascript code MailChimp gave me for a pop-up. Could someone cleverer than me confirm if that's right?

If there are any ways to add a mailing list on my current plan (I have the £3 a month personal plan) I would love to know about it. I'm not sure I can justify £240 a year for a mailing list.

Not sure if this is relevant but I have a custom domain hosted by WP. Link to the site

Thank you in advance for any help.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
If it's a tiny list, TinyLetter (owned by MailChimp) might be all you need. It's free for a limited list (2000 I think?) and a limited number of newsletters/month.