Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Please share any publishers' calls for manuscripts here. You don't have to write erotic fiction to post here; we know writers browsing stumble across calls that aren't for them.

What I hope would be posted for each call is
  • Name of the Call
  • Link to the Online Announcement of the Call
  • Requirements for Submissions (theme, word count, pairings, required features, etc.)
  • Deadline for Submission or Dates of Open Submission
  • Payment
  • Submission Information
More detail is always better, but it's especially important to have the link to the call, so writers can see it for themselves, and the requirements for submission, what the publisher wants.

Let's work together to help our fellow erotica writer, yes?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
See AW’s Paying Markets board for an erotica gig. I can’t figure out how to link on this device.

Maryn, low tech and away from home

Pencrafter

Registered
Reaction score
$100 and 2 copies of the book? Is this what the erotica market pays?

Curious..about many things ;-)

Pencrafter

Registered
Reaction score
What’s the benefit to the writer to doing this? Yes there’s a tiny amount of money and a couple of books. Is it the right to say, “I’m published?”

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bet the next publisher you submit to may have a different attitude if they see a previous trade publication, even a small press that pays bupkis. That means some acquisitions editor somewhere thought your work was good enough to earn that publisher money, so they may be more inclined to give you a read.

Maryn, with a painted basement and heat on both knees

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
If you are talking about the "best" books that is $100 for a reprint of a short story. That's a respectable rate IMHO.

Pencrafter

Registered
Reaction score
I bet the next publisher you submit to may have a different attitude if they see a previous trade publication, even a small press that pays bupkis. That means some acquisitions editor somewhere thought your work was good enough to earn that publisher money, so they may be more inclined to give you a read.

Maryn, with a painted basement and heat on both knees

I see, so the benefit is that you’re building a track record of having been accepted by a publisher and received money for the work. Author retains copyright, yes?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Usually, yes--although it pays to read the contract to be sure you understand what rights you're selling them and for what duration of time.

I have far less publishing experience than many of the writers around here, so they may want to chime in to correct me on what the usual practice seems to be.

Maryn, who just looks good in the mod uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.