accidentally just queried an agent from my work email-- whoops

famousfannie

Registered
Reaction score
Hoping this is not too catastrophic an error... I own a business, so in the "from" field it will say my business name (a clothing store) instead of my name. I'm worried they might see that and be like "WTF" and hit delete. I did include my personal email at the bottom of the query, along with my phone number, so there's that. I considered re-sending with an explanation, but decided that would probably make things worse. Oh, well. My last agent ended up signing me even though in the original query to her I misspelled her name, so hopefully the letter's content is what really counts. Creative people are supposed to be a little spacey.

By the way, do agents ever comment anything here in the "ask the agent" thread? Just curious.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Could be worse. You could have hit 'reply all' when you've just cussed someone out. :tongue

My son did it. No one cared, apparently. ;)

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you’re worried it’ll land in a spam folder, send it again from your personal email, with a note that you sent by accident from another email.

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
By the way, do agents ever comment anything here in the "ask the agent" thread? Just curious.

Look through the thread titles and you’ll see a number of sticky threads full of Ask [agent name] threads. And there was one just recently with Lane Heymont, that’s down the page a bit. Honestly, the same questions pop up pretty often in those threads, so if you read through them, you’ll probably get a lot of your basic questions answered. There’s always a few unique questions, too, so it’s worth looking through those threads.

Last edited:

bapeery

Registered
Reaction score
I feel like that's much better than emailing from bballer3925@hotmail or something scandalous! lol The personal email at the bottom definitely helps. Try not to sweat it too much!