Trade to Self-Pub_Shifting Amazon Reviews to Amazon KU. (Resolved)

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Since I've had my publishing rights back to my work in January, they're going through re-edits, new covers etc, and I'd like to put them through Amazon KU (the oldest was published 2012 on Amazon). Does anyone know if I can transfer the reviews form my original works on Amazon over to the new ones that will go up KU? I've done something similar on Goodreads, where it allows you to set the new work as the primary 'other' edition, and all old reviews also appear under the new revised edition. E.g., 2019 revised edition

I'm just not sure if you can do the same on Amazon, especially as it didn't go through KU when it was with the publisher. Is there anyway I can ask them to be linked? Seems a shame to lose the previous reviews I have for them.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

M. H. Lee

Registered
Reaction score
Once you publish the new edition just email Amazon through their help function, tell them you've published a new edition, give them the ISBN/ASIN of both the old and new editions, and they should link everything up. If you're in KU you're also listed for sale on Amazon so the KU part of this shouldn't be relevant.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Once you publish the new edition just email Amazon through their help function, tell them you've published a new edition, give them the ISBN/ASIN of both the old and new editions, and they should link everything up. If you're in KU you're also listed for sale on Amazon so the KU part of this shouldn't be relevant.

That's good to know -- thank you!!

If the title and author name are identical it should happen automatically.

Thank you!! Yes they are. :)

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
I seem to remember hearing on another publishing group somewhere to make sure you have the old ASIN--Amazon's internal number--ready to give them when asking them to do this. It evidently makes it more likely that they'll comply with the request.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since I've had my publishing rights back to my work in January, they're going through re-edits, new covers etc, and I'd like to put them through Amazon KU (the oldest was published 2012

I'm hoping to do something similar, Fallen, so I emailed KDP last week and this was their reply:

...we are able to link Amazon detail pages based on these details:

Title / Subtitle / Author / Contributor / Volume / Edition / Language.

So, if you have an old eBook with a new eBook with the same mentioned
information, or an eBook with a paperback with the same information, we will be able to link the detail pages (even if one the books is unpublished), and when linking books, the reviews are going to be "shared" for both versions. This means that you will be able to keep the reviews as long as all book information matches.

When you publish the book with your KDP account, you can contact us back requesting the linking (indicating the ASIN or ISBN number of both versions) and we will gladly proceed with your request.

So it looks like it can be done. :)

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Thank you, everyone!!!

I'm hoping to do something similar, Fallen, so I emailed KDP last week and this was their reply:

...we are able to link Amazon detail pages based on these details:

Title / Subtitle / Author / Contributor / Volume / Edition / Language.

So, if you have an old eBook with a new eBook with the same mentioned
information, or an eBook with a paperback with the same information, we will be able to link the detail pages (even if one the books is unpublished), and when linking books, the reviews are going to be "shared" for both versions. This means that you will be able to keep the reviews as long as all book information matches.

When you publish the book with your KDP account, you can contact us back requesting the linking (indicating the ASIN or ISBN number of both versions) and we will gladly proceed with your request.

So it looks like it can be done. :)

I emailed them just after I'd set up the pre-order on the new edition, and I gave them the old Amazon link plus the new re-order link, and they linked all 46 reviews for me. So this worked well, thank you, Muse!! They were very quick about it too. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I emailed them just after I'd set up the pre-order on the new edition, and I gave them the old Amazon link plus the new re-order link, and they linked all 46 reviews for me. So this worked well, thank you, Muse!! They were very quick about it too. :)

- - - Updated - - -

That's good to know. Glad it all went smoothly for you, Fallen.