Need an Assessment of 3,000 Word Nonfiction Piece

DKM

In an interstitial space
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dkmiddle.wordpress.com
I've written a 3,000 word nonfiction article, need an assessment. No grammar review, just what works, and what needs to be shored up. It's not a journalistic piece per se--has that expose element one finds in a New Yorker story. There is, though, a literary juxtaposition intertwined throughout this piece. A friend of mine who's taken journalism classes likes it, but I need someone who has nonfiction, expose experience.

My article is not for those who like Garrison Keillor, however. Yes, he has another side--not the lovable fellow that so many listened to on the Prairie Home Companion. I know, indirectly, neighbors who live close to Keillor. He can be a pill. And he's quick to bring legal action against those who he feels have wronged him. Thus, there's a need to keep this assessment confidential (I plan on using a pseudonym), eight to twelve comments would be fine. I'm willing to pay. Please let me know your fee.

Thanks

VeryBigBeard

Preparing for winter
Registered
Reaction score
I would strongly suggest you contact a lawyer who has expertise in journalism or media law. That's not something can be provided online or even by an editor.

Publishing the kind of piece you're describing has legal ramifications, and a pseudonym will not protect you. You need advice far beyond someone who's "taken journalism classes".