Cover of Suzanne Palmer's book Finder

AW Amazon Store

AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Six Nations Rugby 2019

Threaded View

practical experience, FTW talktidy's Avatar
    Rugby is a funny old game.

At the start of the Six Nations, Wales' Coach, Warren Gatland, said if Wales beat France in the opener, they would go on to win the championship. Half-time in the France v Wales game and Wales were down by 16 pts. How many people were sniggering into their pints of Brains S.A. at Gatland's pronouncement then? Wales prevailed and won that match with 25 pts scored in the second half.

Wales beat England, when I didn't think they would or could, and today they came up against Ireland. At half-time, they were ahead by 16pts, but I didn't have any expectations of a calamity and that they wouldn't go on to win. Not sure what happened to Ireland since the Autumn. They were dreadful. The ref might have given Wales the benefit of the doubt on a few debatable penalties, but all those Irish unforced errors. Arghh! (Which is to say if you are Irish, I've been there and I feel your pain.) I know the weather was rubbish, but both sets of lads train in those conditions all the time.

Final score 25:7. Wales 2019 Grand Slam Champions. Fitting send off for Warren Gatland on his final Six Nations game in charge.

This year is a rugby world cup year, so waiting with baited breath to see whether Wales hang on to this level of performance, or if they stuff it.
    Last edited by talktidy; 03-17-2019 at 04:51 AM.