Fanciful February - 500 words/editing - all genres welcome

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
And here we are in February. :D

How'd you do in January? Did you make your goals? Or did you fall short?

:cheers any and all progress done in January:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
For me, here's what I ended with:

~5 pages of the BEP 4 pages done, so close!
~Oubliette words Yep, 1,103 of them!
~Antho story revisions Yep
~Short story that was due today, oops Taken off plate due to no time

For February, here are my goals:

~Oubliette words
~Loosely plot Immortal
~ Run Blindsight through How to Think Sideways
~Antho CEs
~BEP:10 pages

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I have been terrible, terrible, terrible about keeping this thread up to date. I would like to promise I'll do better this month, but as it's already the 5th I think that'd be rash of me.

So, stuff!

I've got a very enjoyable beta read I want to finish, another book I want to read for someone, and my own edits. Also, that query letter is still flopping around uselessly, so I guess I ought to paw a bit at that, too.

My story that was supposed to come out yesterday is now scheduled to come out next week. I may have to do a Q&A with an editor for it, but apart from that I don't think I have work involved with it.

So...go, February?

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Bleh, January was an unproductive month. I've already written more in February than all of January.

This February I'd like to get two more chapters done. Low target. Let's see if I can do it...

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
:cheers progress:

I just found out that I need surgery on my foot. It's scheduled for March 1st. I have a TON of things to get done before that. Because I will be non-weight bearing for 4-6 weeks, I have to get my taxes done early—well, earlier than usual as I get them done in March—and being that I'm self-employed, it's not a matter of getting a W-2 anymore. I'm about half done with that. I have work stuff to do to prepare. I have an antho story that I need to do final edits on, assuming we're still releasing it in March. One of the other ladies is having surgery, too. Food for home—I'm going to make about a week's worth of food to start us out as I will be heavily medicated for the first few days. I have the BEP that I should do something with. It's overwhelming. I know I'll get through it, but damn.

So not much progress writing-wise currently. I do want to start the final edits on my antho story this week though. They're due on the 15th.

I may have to put all personal writing stuff off until this is over. :(

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Oh, wow, Saoirse - that sounds unpleasant! I hope the surgery prep goes smoothly. Your personal writing will still be there when you can get to it.

Did some edits today, but my heart wasn't in it. One of Those Days, you know? I figure the only reason I'm still working on this book is because I'm trying to prove someone wrong, and maybe I should just stop and go back to software. At least there if people didn't like what I wrote it didn't break my heart.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Salutations everyone! :hi:
I wish you guys all the best with what life is throwing at you. You can always vent here, if you like :)

I've been busy on multiple fronts of late so my writing hasn't been as productive as I would like it to be. Although it never is :tongue
Last month I added about 3-4K new words which was mostly in the beginning/middle of the month since these last couple of weeks I haven't produced much to show. I'll see what February has in store.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Making some progress, written every day since my last post. Not much, but pressing onward.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Hey everyone, I hope your February is going okay. I've had a weird week - I wrote a poem for the first time in about twenty years, and I don't hate it, but I have found it sapped a lot of creative juices, which has made working on the novel harder. I managed a hair over 500 words on the novel this morning, though, so hopefully it's coming back.

Let me know how you're all doing so I don't assume you're dead and I'm just talking to myself forever

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
:waves to all and cheers progress:

I'm here. Just busy with surgery prep. I managed to get not one but two freelance editing jobs that need to be done before the surgery, so all of my brainpower and energy is going to that. Starting to become real now.

I also have 2 newsletters to write (one for a client and one personal) and I need to bring up anything I think I might need upstairs b/c I won't be able to go down to the basement/my office for 4-6 weeks.

I wanted to squeeze in some writing, too, but it's not looking good.

Zan75

Registered
Reaction score
Still kicking here :)
Wishing you all a great finish for the month.

I hit a little snag in my story earlier in the month so I decided to go back and do some read through/editing while I mull things over. I've been averaging about 500 words a week this month and I believe I have found the path out of my snag so all in all I'm doing good.