Might have to get my feet wet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerome Price

Registered
Reaction score
I took a creative writing class at the local CC last year, where I was introduced to Flash fiction. For a guy whose stories generally run well over 150 chapters I found this this form of writing rather intriguing. I see you have a Sunday night challenge so maybe I'll give this a shot.

LSamDee

Registered
Reaction score
I just recently discovered Flash writing--not the genre, but writing it. The best thing about it for me was that I could experiment with different styles or general ways of writing wo having to sustain it over a longer pieced. If I experiment with a longer piece, then decide I can't stand it, it feels like time wasted (though it's actually not since I was writing). But with a short piece, there's no big loss if I later decide I don't like "the experiment."

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I just recently discovered Flash writing--not the genre, but writing it. The best thing about it for me was that I could experiment with different styles or general ways of writing wo having to sustain it over a longer pieced. If I experiment with a longer piece, then decide I can't stand it, it feels like time wasted (though it's actually not since I was writing). But with a short piece, there's no big loss if I later decide I don't like "the experiment."

I never really 'got' ff before a few months ago, then all of a sudden a light went on and I won a Hallowe'en contest. Apart from being a great form on its own, I found it nudged me into new ideas and, conversely, was useful for 'immediate gratification' - getting an idea off my chest quickly and without a huge time and interest commitment.

Raven2Delta

Anti-Heroic
Registered
Reaction score
This looks really intriguing!
Sometimes I find my best work is done when I don't over plan it or over research.

I'm looking forward to joining the flash writing with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.