• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta for MG fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0dd

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a beta for a MG fantasy, THE ATTENBURY BOGLE. Since it's set in England (in a fictional small town near the Welsh border), I'd prefer someone familiar with England, as well as someone at home with the MG fantasy genre.

A summary:

Eleven-year-old would-be detective Jennifer Briggs has no time for mythical creatures and spooks. As her hero Sherlock Holmes put it, “No ghosts need apply.” So the strange events in her hometown, such as pawprints in the snow that change shape every few yards, must have a logical explanation. They can’t possibly be the work of the legendary Bogle that supposedly once troubled Attenbury.

When someone disrupts the church fundraiser’s play about the Bogle, pelting the cast with cakes swiped from the Bring-and-Buy table, Jennifer suspects it’s the work of the same someone behind these weird goings-on. She chases and corners the mystery heckler - a talking cat. It gleefully reveals itself to be the Bogle, before turning into an owl and flying off. Jennifer can’t explain that away. The Bogle is real. And it’s eager to renew its reign of mischief.

Jennifer pits her modern-day detective skills against the Bogle’s magic, determined to catch it before it can plunge Attenbury into chaos. But it’s focusing most of its attention on one of her classmates, who hires Jennifer to find out who’s been pranking her. Jennifer now faces the complication of how to tell her client that her tormentor is a mythical creature whose very existence she’s still grappling with. And even worse, the Bogle’s pranks are getting meaner and more dangerous. If Jennifer can’t collar it soon, she could lose her first client – to an untimely death.

The Attenbury Bogle is a 48,000 word MG fantasy, the tale of a girl well-suited to be the protagonist of a middle-grade detective story who finds herself the lead in a middle-grade fantasy instead.

Am willing to swap (preferably with another MG fantasy).

t0dd

Registered
Reaction score
sending you a pm

Could you explain how it works? I saw your message this morning, tried to open it, but wasn't able to do so. (My computer's aging, and that might be partly it, but I also have no experience with pm.)

Never mind; I visited the "private messages" section, saw your reply, and responded to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.