Unshelved My Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayMitch

Registered
Reaction score
I shelved my MS The Demon Child because looking at it was making me depressed and I figured I needed time away from it to feel good about it again. I recently took it out again and started working on it and editing it. I have also begun looking for critique partners/beta readers on twitter and such. That's a scary step for me, but one I definitely think is necessary. Mostly because I'm having trouble deciding where to end the story XD But small celebration for feeling good about it once again.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, KayMitch. Sometimes all you need to feel better about your writing is a little time and distance.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! It's nice to see you around!!! good luck with your beta swaps.

KayMitch

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! It's nice to see you around!!! good luck with your beta swaps.

I see you around everywhere! (mostly cuz I stalk the forums and forget to post anything >.>) But yes! Nice to see you and thanks <3

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
I shelved my MS The Demon Child because looking at it was making me depressed

I've totally been there. My first ever project involved the entire universe being destroyed along with the MC, it made me honestly depressed because those characters and that universe was my happy place. So I'm sooo glad that you decided to shelf it for a little while. You did the right thing.

On a happy note: I still write about those characters, but they are in short stories that don't involve death or the universe being destroyed.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
I see you around everywhere! (mostly cuz I stalk the forums and forget to post anything >.>) But yes! Nice to see you and thanks <3

;) Yes, guilty, but its such a great resource and community. I was thinking last night "What if AW didn't exist?" and it was a very sad thought.

KayMitch

Registered
Reaction score
It's a great feeling isn't it? You're definitely on the right track! Keep going.

Yes it's an awesome feeling. I'm actually almost done with a final round of edits on it which I've been working on all weekend and I'm just feeling so motivated. I sent out my first query for it since June 2018, and will be sending out a few more tonight, and I'm working on getting a couple beta readers/critique partners for it so that I can get more input on it. I think I've gone over so much with my own eyes I can't do much else for it XD

I've totally been there. My first ever project involved the entire universe being destroyed along with the MC, it made me honestly depressed because those characters and that universe was my happy place. So I'm sooo glad that you decided to shelf it for a little while. You did the right thing.

On a happy note: I still write about those characters, but they are in short stories that don't involve death or the universe being destroyed.

One of my other MS involves the entire universe being destroyed! But this one was mostly making me depressed because I was just getting dejected by all the rejections and thinking nope I don't have it in me. A nice talk with my boyfriend (who gently reminded me I've only been at this a year) and working on some other projects got me back into it.

;) Yes, guilty, but its such a great resource and community. I was thinking last night "What if AW didn't exist?" and it was a very sad thought.
I know! I love it. It's such a great resource and honestly inspiration to keep on keeping on.

Status
Not open for further replies.