Hello, my name is Victory but you can call me Vic for short.

blackbatman

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Victory!

You can call me 'Vic' for short, I heard about writing and reading groups for about 4 to 5 years now, I didn't ever have the time or motivation to seek one out, but I guess now I decided anytime is better then never, I hope to add to your community of writers and learn, absorbing knowledge along the way.

I was born in Nigeria, and at the moment am a male of 21 years of age still serving in the United States Navy, I am also an American citizen since birth I was born with dual citizenship, I have lived all over the world from in the states Chicago IL, Pensacola FL, Greenfield IN, San Diego CA, Michigan and more that I can't think of from the top of my head; out of country (Overseas or Abroad) though I've lived in or visited Sasebo Japan, Okinawa Japan, Fukuoka Japan, Pataya Thailand, Bangkok Thailand, Guam, Lagos Nigeria, Morocco, Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong and more, I am well traveled just missing mostly a lot of the European countries which I am sure I will get to visit one day, but where I would really love to see is Greece.

I'm writing a book, or should I say have been writing a book for the past 10 years or so, and still am not done with ideas for it, I have attempted writing it down in multiple different ways, in the beginning I wanted it to be a manga and then I was given a suggestion to write a book about it instead, I dabbled with the idea of making it an american style comic again, but now I think my greatest strength again will be writing it down into a novel, which is where you all come in! I need criticism and help, a lot of it, and encouragement and praise is always welcomed but I seriously need a critical eye to tell me where I am going wrong, I hope to be around for awhile to also give back my support and help on other writers works, at the same time learning myself.

Thank you again for having me.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Vic!

Greece is beautiful. When you get there, what do you want to sea? Beaches? Historical sites? Both? :)

Boggle!?!?

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there welcome! Of all the places you’ve been, which one was your favorite, if you even have one?

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I can't speak to the women. :) But on your way to Sparta, I can recommend the pretty seaside town of Nafplio. If you're into stunning scenery and OK with a lot of religious stuff, then I'd visit the monasteries at Metéora in the north-central part of the country. Oh, and if you're a fan of 300, you'll want to see the monument to the Spartans at Thermopylae.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Vic! You are truly "seeing the world," now we can see you 'round the AW boards.:welcome:

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Vic. All that varied experience will serve your writing well!

blackbatman

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I can't speak to the women. :) But on your way to Sparta, I can recommend the pretty seaside town of Nafplio. If you're into stunning scenery and OK with a lot of religious stuff, then I'd visit the monasteries at Metéora in the north-central part of the country. Oh, and if you're a fan of 300, you'll want to see the monument to the Spartans at Thermopylae.

I heard about the monument of Sparta, is that where the statue of Leonidas is as well? also I do love scenery, I really appreciate the suggestions to check out, I will make sure to make use of it all

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome, Vic. All that varied experience will serve your writing well!

Thank you! I intend to use it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome, Vic! You are truly "seeing the world," now we can see you 'round the AW boards.:welcome:

Thank you! I will try and stay active when I can

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Vic. Maybe Canada is also on your list. :welcome: