Uh, so how about that weather?

Ludwig

Registered
Reaction score
So yeah, definitely not one for introductions, but I'll give it my best shot!

I'm Ludwig, been writing on and off for as long as I've been able to hold a pencil, though I do like to think that my writing has improved since then. (Though that's yet to be determined.) I've never written professionally, and given my current situation I doubt I ever will, that said writing is still a huge hobby of mine and I'd love to chat with other people about it. After all, why actually write when I can procrastinate with strangers on the internet?

When I'm not procrastinating I'm usually hanging out with my dogs (though that mostly consists of me trying to stop my beagle from swallowing anything he comes across), playing video games, and more procrastinating studying. I'm working towards getting a major in linguistics, but I also have a love for classics so if you want to geek out with me about Greco-Roman life, then I'd love to have someone else to talk to about it.

I mostly write fantasy or supernatural, usually with a good scoop of dark comedy for good measure. The current story I'm working on, in summary, follows a young woman who accidentally sold her soul to the devil and is now trying to get it back (with many shenanigans along the way).

Well, I think that's it for the opening, hopefully it wasn't too awkward.

Hope everyone is having a good day,
Ludwig

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, shucks, not too awkward for me. Some rain today in central Oregon. I sincerely hope the young woman you're writing about who voted Democrat gets he soul back. :greenie

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting story!

Best of luck in completing it, and welcome to AW!

blackbatman

Registered
Reaction score
If you ever get time message me! I'm writing a fantasy novel based exactly in my version of ancient Greece, I love that time period! it's full with so much material; I know all about the republic of the romans, the punic wars, the end of the republic after the death of Ceaser, the civil wars, you know all that good stuff every good civilization needs, death, betrayal and a love triangle somewhere.

Boggle!?!?

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like a good story, hopefully I can read it sometime.

Kiteya

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! Nice to meet another student. I'm a writing major myself. Also, I see you also write fantasy; me too! Dark comedy is an under appreciated genre, and I'm glad you write it. Your current story sounds super funny and clever! Have you listened to "Call Me Devil" by Friends in Tokyo? Your story idea reminded me of that song.

Awesome to meet you! Have fun on AW!

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Ludwig.