I am looking for authors who want to exchange reviews with me

tmodis

Registered
Reaction score
I have published my book and I am having a hard time getting reviews; I am willing to read other authors' books and write a review if they'll do the same thing for me. Is anyone interested?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I have published my book and I am having a hard time getting reviews; I am willing to read other authors' books and write a review if they'll do the same thing for me. Is anyone interested?

This is a truly bad idea. Really. Don't exchange reviews. Review books you genuinely like, but if you want book reviews, you need to specifically target the reviewers/bloggers/sites that review your genre/type of book, and send them free copies.

See the Book Promotion Ideas and Advice forum for more ideas.

I'm moving this thread there; it's not appropriate for the Newbies forum (this is the second time you've started this kind of thread here; please don't do it).

You should follow the suggestions in your previous thread.

Last edited:

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
One way you can do this ethically is to join a goodreads review round: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/78683-review-group. Groups with "now forming" in the title are open for joining. Basically, you read four books and receive four reviews. In the group of ten reviewers, a moderator makes sure that no reciprocal reviews happen. Amazon is aware of goodreads reading rounds, and they don't violate their terms of service.

Much better than trying something that could annoy Amazon. Reciprocal reviews are often deleted anyway. :)

tmodis

Registered
Reaction score
One way you can do this ethically is to join a goodreads review round: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/78683-review-group. Groups with "now forming" in the title are open for joining. Basically, you read four books and receive four reviews. In the group of ten reviewers, a moderator makes sure that no reciprocal reviews happen. Amazon is aware of goodreads reading rounds, and they don't violate their terms of service.

Much better than trying something that could annoy Amazon. Reciprocal reviews are often deleted anyway. :)

This sounds like a good idea. Thank you!

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
This sounds like a weak idea. Follow the suggestions provided in the Admin post above.

Trading reviews seems like a way to get a good review whether deserved or not though you might not be attempting it.

If you have self published you must feel your book is ready for review. Most new Authors think that and put something out that readers would rather not comment on than post a negative review or don't waste the time to complete the read. You might still want to test parts of your work on share your work or try for some beta reads right here on AW.

Richard W. Fairbairn

Registered
Reaction score
I was really tempted to do this but waited and waited and waited until eventually someone reviewed my book. My organic reviews are so very wonderful and its great and worth the wait. Now I just need hundreds more and I'll be happy as can be,

best of luck

R