Probably not impressive to anyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evelyn Michelle

Evelyn Michelle
Registered
Reaction score
But I’m super proud of it.
I sold 25 books in 2018. My first 25. I’m just starting out with short stories and I’m self-publishing them on Amazon. I know I should send them to magazines and junk, but by the time I get a rejection I’ve forgotten about the submission entirely. Plus this way my family gets a chance to read them. No one I know even bothers with magazines or ever has. Including me. So I’m putting them on amazon. It’s probably less money, but I’m ok with that.

Regardless of doing it the ‘wrong’ way I’v still sold 25. ^_^

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
:partyguy: Wow. 25 is a lot in my book. And I find short stories super hard to write, so I'm impressed.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Thank you for sharing. I'm writing short stories myself and I feel hopeful when people self-publish their own short stories.

McKelleon

New Skin; Learning About Thick Fish
Registered
Reaction score
But I’m super proud of it.
I sold 25 books in 2018. My first 25. I’m just starting out with short stories and I’m self-publishing them on Amazon. I know I should send them to magazines and junk, but by the time I get a rejection I’ve forgotten about the submission entirely. Plus this way my family gets a chance to read them. No one I know even bothers with magazines or ever has. Including me. So I’m putting them on amazon. It’s probably less money, but I’m ok with that.

Regardless of doing it the ‘wrong’ way I’v still sold 25. ^_^

Well, congrats! I'd be very excited if I sold even one book that I wrote. :)

brightspark

Registered
Reaction score
Bit late to the party but congratulations!! I don't think there's a "right" and a "wrong" way to do anything. There's just different ways of doing things. 25 people now have copies of YOUR writing and your work. You've touched 25 lives. How great is that??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.