What's the first sentence you wrote this year?

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
I just jotted this down: "Every year my neighbours have great fireworks."
This may change, if the story changes seasons, though ;). I'm not sure it will happen in the winter at all. If I get stuck, "fireworks" may change to "a garden party". We'll see. But that was my first inspiration this year. How about you, folks? Don't feel shy if you came in here a few days later, it's not a running competition. If you wrote your first line for this year in June, you're still :welcome: (I might be writing a story about a garden party by then, too. Yep, I can feel a murder mystery coming up in 3... 2... ).

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
"Happy New Year!"

Er, does Twitter count? Twitter probably does not count. Hrrm. I haven't actually written any lines of fiction yet...

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think this was the first one I wrote yesterday. I don't keep that close a track.

“Lately I’m so irritable I’m a hundred percent rough edges. Smooth them all and there’s nothing left.” I fill my glass to the top anyway.

Maryn, wishing us all a good writing year in 2019

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From a first draft, so I know there are likely to be issues:

The town of Joralemon was no more than a couple dozen houses widely scattered along the highway, a Casey’s General Store, what appeared to be a biker bar, and half a mile beyond that, the restaurant with its parking lot overflowing with pick-up trucks, SUVs, and motorcycles surrounding the log-cabin building with wrap-around porch and smokers lounging under the smoking gazebo and bar off by the line of pine trees at the perimeter.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The infant Avama grew accustomed to the pale forms that loomed over her.

Cocops8

Registered
Reaction score
I actually don't know. It was either something I wrote as a part of my fanfiction or the beginning of my own book. So either, "So, Caitlin got in her car and drove to STAR Labs." or "I was diagnosed with Tourette’s Syndrome in fourth grade." Those two things as far as actual writing anyway. I definitely texted someone before that.