Oh my gosh, I haven't had anything to report since May. That's kinda sad But it's down to the combination of having many other things I needed to read that I was more interested in, and long waits between attempts to get the last two books from the library.

Anyway, I did finally finish The Man in the High Castle and it was not to my liking. I had a hard time being interested in any of the characters and therefore about anything they were doing, and the focus on the alt-universe author and his book just seemed tedious to me. By the end, I was interested in about a handful of people, but if just kind of, ends. With a point I think I missed. At least I can check it off.

2. That old black magic: Storm Front by Jim Butcher [Done]
3. Top of the heap: The Outsider by Stephen King (B&N Top 100 Bestsellers, 2018) [Done]
6. Just the (alternative) facts, Maam: The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick [Done]
14. Crossing the (color) lines: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas [Done]
17. Back in the day: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
23. The butler might have done it: A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton [Done]
27. Halcyon days: Timeline by Michael Crichton (published November 1999)
29. You might also like. . .: Altered Carbon by Richard K. Morgan (recommended on a list when I was looking for futuristic mysteries last year) [Done]
33. Happy days are here again: Ordeal by Innocence by Agatha Christie [Done]
31. Tag team: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows [Done]
35. No hablo: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho [Done]
47. Succinct: Redshirts by John Sclazi [Done]

That just leaves The Nightingale, which I have started and once again have on hold. I should be able to get and finish it before December is over. I hope