2019 New Year's Writing Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
As per the tradition of striving to better ourselves in the new year, this is a thread for everyone to share their writing-related aspirations for 2019. Encouraging others and coming back to celebrate achieved resolutions are certainly welcome!

For myself:
  1. Finish editing Papillon and decide what I'll do with it—whether I do want to pursue publishing or if just posting it online is fine for me.
  2. Get Reflection (a serial-format story) to the point where I'm confident enough to start sharing it.
  3. Finish the first draft of Plume (Papillon's "sequel").
  4. And most importantly, avoid the sort of things and people that sap my enthusiasm and excitement for creating.

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
My goals are simple:

1. Keep editing the novel. No more short stories until it's at least through the first round. Editing finished drafts might be ok.
2. Keep submitting finished stories.

EvilPenguin

Registered
Reaction score
I've got a stretch goal, where I'd really like to complete the two books that I've been working on for awhile. And by complete, I mean write a full draft that I don't completely hate and actually edit the darn things, instead of getting frustrated and starting over.

But my more attainable goal is to just work on writing every day. I'd like to set a daily word count, but I've learned that I can never keep up with them, so as long as I write SOMETHING, I'll be happy.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
While I don't make any resolutions except the one not to make resolutions I have as goals to finish two books I have well under way and begin serious effort to a third which I have begun but put aside for no particulary good reason. I also plan on blogging weekly on my humor blog which is likey currently decorated with a plethora of spider webbing and covered in dust.

Spicyqueso

Registered
Reaction score
I have high hopes for this year!

My goals:
1. Publish my finished second book
2. Finish a short novella
3. Finish another book
4. Figure out more of this author stuff

Good luck everyone! We can do this!

Evelyn Michelle

Evelyn Michelle
Registered
Reaction score
My goals:
-Finish editing The Magician’s Plot and hopefully find a publisher.
-Write 2 first drafts
-Publish 6 short stories

I’m hoping to trad publish The Magician’s Plot because I can’t afford an editor for a full length novel. But I’ve never quarried anything before.

AshleighS

Registered
Reaction score
I have a ton of goals for 2019:
1) Publish Soulmates in Space by July (It takes place on the moon and July is the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11.
2) Break into the freelance market.
3) Publish my novella (Boarding School Break: Happy Thanksgiving) around November.
4) Finish book 3 in my serial and publish it around December.
5) Set up a recording studio to create audiobooks for my last two published novels.

In order to complete these goals, I have challenged myself to the following:
a) Write one short story a week
b) Write one article a week
c) Work on BSB novel once a week.
d) Update blog and publish short story/article rejects on my website weekly. (These are works for which I cannot find the right market, or which I simply don't feel like polishing. They're good, but not great.)
e) Find an accountability buddy for weekly check ins.

MichaelC

Registered
Reaction score
I’m going to finish and publish my first book! It’s really going to happen this year. It’s almost ready for a copy edit and then I’m going to put my self-publish plan into action.

Vatnip

Registered
Reaction score
Its already well into February, but my writing resolution is definitely to devise a writing resolution :p If I can get my focus together within a week or two, I plan to get a lot done this year. Even if its only to finish one more book (high aspirations), id be very happy with that

Status
Not open for further replies.