Writing music today

MindfulInquirer

Registered
Reaction score
Any semi-serious song writers here ?
Ok here's how I see it: my whole life, I've always been a "pure artist", not in the annoying way, just, that was my innermost nature. So I entered bands and was always the main song writer and had tons of fun doing because it was such a natural role for me and the others encouraged it. Since then, it's been just me and myself, I'm a bit older now, and the friends are behind. So I've got this prolific/original mind there and have written tons of material over the last 4 years, but never tried or when I did try didn't succeed at making the music a validated sellable product: production not great enough, songs too long too technical too much content in each song etc...

Question for this thread: writing music today. What's your best bet, iyo ? Sacrifice loads of prolific technicality, and shorten the material, and focus a lot more on production. Attention spans have dramatically decreased in the last 20 years, and YouTube has messed everything up. That was just laying the bricks down for the discussion to start.