• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Like to trade beta books. 80k romantic thriller, I will read anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunzen

Rozez
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I am almost done with my second book. Just looking for some feedback. Will read anything. I wrote a dystopian novel “riding the apocalypse” on amazon now. So I will read that genre.

Let me know thanks.

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I had to switch from Chrome to Edge to be able to type on the forums, and for an instant I thought I'd been prohibited from posting or that my account had been deactivated, but fortunately that wasn't the case.

I would like you to read and review my first book in my Crying Angels series. It's 157,000 words on average, and this is what it's about.

The main character had an affair with a woman two years after he got married. The mistress was promiscuous and kept cheating on him, so he dumped her. She did everything she could to get back with him, but to get rid of her, he tells her husband about the affair. The woman's husband kills her and then kills himself when he finds out. Now the daughter of that couple is seeking revenge against the main character. The main character is Adam Campbell, although he's not in any scenes in the first chapter or so. If you're interested in my story, PM me, so I can get your email address to send it to you, and maybe, if you want, you can send me yours. I've been trying to find someone to help me edit my book, but people get mad at me and stop reading it. I'll appreciate your help.

Thanks
maggiee.

kristinvml

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if you are still looking, but I'm looking for a critique partner for my 88K literary thriller. Feel free to PM me if you are interested. My query is below, for your reference.

Osprey charges eight thousand dollars to kill someone. For five thousand from his new client, Deacon, he’ll break into a congressman’s home in Washington, D.C. and steal a three-hundred-year-old book. But when a skinny brunette sticks a gun to his chin during his getaway and pinches the rare book, Osprey learns that Deacon’s criminal résumé is uglier than his.

The skinny brunette, Vi, cannot forget her tragic past. Or forgive it. Her only family member, an older brother who’s a computer hacker, discovered Osprey’s new client is a sex trafficker that Vi had escaped from ten years ago. Vi has developed post-traumatic stress flashbacks, but the now twenty-two-year-old English major tames her triggered panic attacks by imagining Shakespearean revenge being inflicted on Deacon. And especially his boss, Ubel.

Convinced that living out her revenge fantasy will give her closure, Vi sweet-talks Osprey into swapping the book for Deacon’s whereabouts. That’s surprisingly easy, but Osprey’s genuine kindheartedness surprises her even more. Vi, nonetheless, is determined to get by with mediocre marksmanship and inspiration from the revenge literature she studies. She ditches Osprey and hunts down Deacon, but questions if she can live with herself after taking vengeance. While her depression deepens, Ubel kidnaps her brother to get Vi back under his thumb. Vi hopes to rescue her brother. She hopes to kiss and make up with Osprey. But first, she must fight Ubel for her life, her mental health, and a non-tragic end to her revenge.

Best,
Kristin L.

maggiee19

Registered
Reaction score
Kristin, I'm interested in your novel. Are you interested in mine? I'm looking for a beta reader.

AudreyInDC

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I am almost done with my second book. Just looking for some feedback. Will read anything. I wrote a dystopian novel “riding the apocalypse” on amazon now. So I will read that genre.

Let me know thanks.

Hi Gunzen! I tried to PM you but seemed to run into technical problems. Anyway, I just posted about it this morning above, but I too am looking for a beta-read swap - have you already found readers to swap with or are you still looking? My manuscript is about 85,000 words and is in the genre of historical fantasy/fairytale retelling, set in the French Alps in the 18th century. I have past experience swapping beta reads on a previous manuscript and it seemed to work out to mutual benefit so I'm hoping to repeat that good experience ... please feel free to send me a PM and/or reply here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.