Hello All

Dx627

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks for having me. I'm new to writing. Brand spanking new. Picking up the pen has haunted me for some time. Outside of non-fiction, I read fantasy and plan to write it for the foreseeable future. I'm open to change though.

George R.R. Martin left an impression on me. Surprisingly, I've read little of GoT. His post apocalyptic short story "...for a single yesterday" drew me in. I've been immersing myself in YouTube videos and podcast on writing. I get the impression I'm a discovery writer. My goal is to make stories and read them aloud on YouTube and podcast.

My current project is fan-fiction set in The Elder Scrolls universe. I want to ease into writing and thought a pre-made universe I love is a good start. I started off making it basic as possible - protagonist needs to save a minor noble's son - but now it has many moving parts. Is writer creep a thing? It feels as if I'm bleeding from the forehead at times. Then I find the right word and feel great. It's an addicting feeling.

I have a background in music and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. One may see words such as staccato or legato and snap, tap, or nap in my writing. Anyways, again, thanks for having me. I look forward to participating.

Krimigen

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there, welcome! I'm new too. Writer creep is definitely a thing. Sorry.

You might have found it already, but Terrible Writing Advice is one of my favorite writing related channels. Brandon Sanderson also has lectures available that are pretty sweet.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Cernex

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there, and welcome to the forums!

MontyBurr

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome - a missing Jiu Jitsu beat

I have a background in music and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. One may see words such as staccato or legato and snap, tap, or nap in my writing. Anyways, again, thanks for having me. I look forward to participating.

Welcome! DX627! I have a Samsung flat top range - model number DX626. (I just ordered another oven rack and I had the model on a post-it note.)

I'm new here too and am learning quite a bit as I browse.

I suspect that you are not the deluxe model of my range. Is DX627 a term familiar to the digerati? I'm just curious about the moniker. Enlighten us.

My old sensei used "Tap, Nap, Snap, Crap, Clap" but he was an odd character.

I'd also advise you to choose your favorite Muppet character carefully. I learned the hard way.

(I'm pulling your leg a bit. This is a comfortable place.)

Lolly12

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Writing is addictive, though starting sometimes is hard.

Dx627

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

When in doubt, throw in a love triangle :p

Dx627

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you :)

Dx627

Registered
Reaction score
Dx626, sounds like I have a rival. Haha

Nothing special about Dx627. I think it was part of an email address I had in high school.
I use it every now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree!