GOP and election fraud

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
So we all know that one GOP obsession is election fraud. One Republican, Dallas Woodhouse, was very worried about the signatures on Bladen County, North Carolina ballots back in 2016.

“Should the election board find that these are absentee ballot mills, with the purpose of fraudulent voting, those people should go to jail,” he told the radio show. “They should spend the first term of the Trump administration behind bars.”
said Woodhouse two years ago.

In yet another example of GOP accusing others of what they do themselves, Woodhouse is now implicated in election fraud in Bladen County. To put it in a nutshell, some people who were likely to vote for the Democratic candidate didn't receive their absentee ballots, and when they went in to vote on election day, they were told they'd already voted. And of course, all these people scratched their heads and went home.

Not.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...tened-their-candidate/?utm_term=.09bbccd86f65

Ironic that evidence of systematic election fraud finally surfaces, and it's a GOP official doing it.

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ironic, maybe, but not unexpected. Hypocrisy has been the GOP's middle name for a few decades at least. Do as they say, not as they do.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Ironic, maybe, but not unexpected. Hypocrisy has been the GOP's middle name for a few decades at least. Do as they say, not as they do.

It's gotten so every time they accuse a democrat of something, I assume the GOP is actually the one doing it.

I have more concern for whether this particular case will be cited as evidence that voter fraud is real, so things that increase participation shouldn't be allowed, and even more stringent ID requirements should be mandated. They will conveniently forget which party was actually committing the fraud, and how the fraud was undertaken.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Doncha hate when you forget you put the mouse trap in that cabinet...

(And, of course, their god forgives them doing bad things for Eternal Good-TM reasons.)

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's gotten so every time they accuse a democrat of something, I assume the GOP is actually the one doing it.

I have more concern for whether this particular case will be cited as evidence that voter fraud is real, so things that increase participation shouldn't be allowed, and even more stringent ID requirements should be mandated. They will conveniently forget which party was actually committing the fraud, and how the fraud was undertaken.
And if you go back a couple decades, whenever they got caught at something an immediate response team kicked in accusing one or more Democrats of it, truth and/or evidence not needed. All that was needed was access to the media.

Rove Playbook 101.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Some recent news bits on this subject:

North Carolina does not certify 2018 Republican Congressional "win" following candidate Rev. Harris' son's testimony that a campaign agent was a known ballot thief.

The son of Republican congressional candidate Mark Harris testified Wednesday that he warned his father repeatedly that he believed a political operative now at the center of an election-fraud investigation had previously used illegal tactics to win votes. ...

A New Jersey bill sidelined by Chris Christie (Republican & friend of Trump) is now moving forward again. It will require presidential and vice presidential candidates both submit 5 years of tax returns (or they will not appear on NJ ballots).

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Apparently GOPers convince themselves that it's okay to lie and cheat as long as it furthers their "cause."

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Tide's gotta break at some point, but I feel like I'm gonna be hearing stories like this for the rest of my life.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tide's gotta break at some point, but I feel like I'm gonna be hearing stories like this for the rest of my life.

The McCarthy era didn't last forever. That gives me hope.

It's bad enough the GOP politicians in on this. But the Evangelicals involved in supporting Trump really need a come to Jesus moment. Because I don't know how they can live with themselves.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
But the Evangelicals involved in supporting Trump really need a come to Jesus moment. Because I don't know how they can live with themselves.

I think it comes down to convincing yourself the tenets of your faith absolve you of their own moral laws. Faith is superfluous to Trumpism, it's an obvious hydraulic, but any justification from a religions perspective is lunacy. Nothing new under the sun.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to get into a religious discussion but if only someone would remind them of a certain golden calf....

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I don't want to get into a religious discussion but if only someone would remind them of a certain golden calf....

Abortion is a huge issue for a lot of people, although it's become something of a gateway drug for some of the GOPers I know - folks who were, at one point, otherwise sensible, but have now bought into the whole "racism isn't a thing/climate change is a hoax/ISIS is in Mexico" nonsense because they feel they must defend the pro-life candidate, however flawed.

I sort of get single-issue voting (I could never vote for a pro-lifer), but I don't get why the fundamentalists haven't ejected That Orange Person and elevated Pence. All the restrictive policies, with far less obvious hypocrisy. They don't have to change their views to get rid of this guy.

Looks a lot like a refusal to admit anyone on their side could be wrong about anything, ever.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I read a tweet this morning that is blinding in its clarity. Not quoting it here, but in essence it gave this contrast: In North Carolina, Ninth District, the elections board has ordered a new election. Mark Harris, the GOP candidate who is proven now to have hired an operative who committed election fraud, is being given a second chance to run.

Meanwhile, in Texas, a black woman who did not realize she was ineligible to vote was given five years in prison for voting fraudulently.

If you are white, male, and moneyed, you get lotsa second chances even if you are guiltier than sin.

Good morning, America.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I sort of get single-issue voting (I could never vote for a pro-lifer), but I don't get why the fundamentalists haven't ejected That Orange Person and elevated Pence. All the restrictive policies, with far less obvious hypocrisy. They don't have to change their views to get rid of this guy.

I’ve come to believe that the cruelty of 45’s policies aren’t something his supporters are willing to overlook “for goals”, it’s something they actively like. Feature, not a bug.

I read a tweet this morning that is blinding in its clarity. Not quoting it here, but in essence it gave this contrast: In North Carolina, Ninth District, the elections board has ordered a new election. Mark Harris, the GOP candidate who is proven now to have hired an operative who committed election fraud, is being given a second chance to run.

Meanwhile, in Texas, a black woman who did not realize she was ineligible to vote was given five years in prison for voting fraudulently.

If you are white, male, and moneyed, you get lotsa second chances even if you are guiltier than sin.

Good morning, America.

I feel like such a fool. For most of my sheltered, white, upper-middle-class, male, cisgendered life, I’ve believed my country was progressing away from racial and gender prejudices. Clearly not the case, and I say that to the dope-slapping of millions of foreheads by people who haven’t enjoyed my privileges, sigh.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
This:

I think it comes down to convincing yourself the tenets of your faith absolve you of their own moral laws. Faith is superfluous to Trumpism, it's an obvious hydraulic, but any justification from a religions perspective is lunacy. Nothing new under the sun.

... and this:

I’ve come to believe that the cruelty of 45’s policies aren’t something his supporters are willing to overlook “for goals”, it’s something they actively like. Feature, not a bug...

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score

Prob for the best, though the Cleaning of the Temple enters into my mind as well.

But no funny business this time, right? :/

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I want the woman in the Texas jail who was put there for "fraudulent voting" to take his seat. (Yeah I know it's a different state. Still.) The funny business, it is built in way deep. My trust is entirely lost.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I want the woman in the Texas jail who was put there for "fraudulent voting" to take his seat. (Yeah I know it's a different state. Still.) The funny business, it is built in way deep. My trust is entirely lost.

This seems to be the underlying agenda of the whole TeaOP strategy: appoint obviously corrupt and twisted individuals, demean and warp all government institutions beyond recognition into cruel parodies of themselves, even smear the very concept of truth and fact, until people just shrug, give the whole deal up as a bad job, and accept whatever government/rule is imposed on them because it's all the same, up is down, truth is a lie, ignorance is strength, and Big Brother loves us all.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Please don't assume all those conclusions are mine; they are not. It is possible to lack trust in what is and still have a lot of energy toward knowing change is not only possible but inevitable. Likely through channels neither you nor I can yet see. I hope to holy hell Mark Harris goes down into it and North Carolina finds its way to a reasonably decent government.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mark Harris weeps during election fraud hearings.

This article spells it all out clearly. Harris says he did not know.

This is Harris:
[FONT=&quot]Before [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Mark Harris became a preacher, he wanted to be a politician. As a teen-ager, he stuffed mailers for Ronald Reagan; in college, he had his picture taken with Jesse Helms on the steps of the U.S. Capitol. As the leader of North Carolina’s Baptist Convention, he spearheaded a statewide effort to ban gay marriage, which he used as a springboard to run for the U.S. Senate, in 2014. (“I was willing to do whatever it took to be the man that God would use,” he said in a speech the following year to other religious leaders, “and sacrifice whatever needed to be sacrificed.”) But his Senate bid came up short, and, in 2016, he lost a Republican primary for North Carolina’s Ninth Congressional District. In last year’s midterm elections, Harris defeated the centrist incumbent in the Republican primary by eight hundred and twenty-eight votes, and faced off against the Democrat Dan McCready, a former marine and solar-power entrepreneur, in what became one of the hardest-fought races in the nation. Although gerrymandering had kept the Ninth District in Republican hands for nearly two generations, analysts speculated that not even the multiple rallies that President Donald Trump held for Harris’s campaign could stop the “blue wave.” But on Election Night, Harris was declared the victor by nine hundred and five votes, despite losing six of eight counties in the district. “Thank God for Bladen County,” Harris declared.[/FONT]

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Honestly, him running again shouldn't have even been an option. He was caught cheating. He KNEW the guy he was hiring was a fraudster. His son had the receipts. Anyone caught pulling that kind of stunt with half the evidence they have that Harris knew should be barred from all elected positions.