I hit 4K words!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky271

Registered
Reaction score
You're probably wondering why I'm freaking out over 4k words! Let me explain...

For years, the Universe has dealt me a low self-confidence card. And a coward card. I've been too scared to start writing. I started last month. I wrote 350ish word for Nano. I couldn't continue that project because school was incredibly busy. Everything was due. I expanded my word count at the end of November, and I'm excited because I just passed 4k words!

I'm just going to take a moment to dance everywhere :snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

Next Goal: 10k

WilkinsonMJ

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! It's always a struggle getting the words down in the first months, but I found that if you take the time to write as often as you can (sometimes you have to make time) then soon the words will come naturally and you'll hit 10k and 50k before you even know!

Best of luck, I'll see you at 10,000 ;)

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Vicky, any time one of our writing friends sets herself a goal and totally nails it, we're happy for her. Congratulations!

Now that we've seen what you can do with four thousand, we can't wait for ten. Go get 'em!

Maryn, proud of you

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
This is wonderful news! I've struggled with word count a lot. I know how hard it is to keep upping it. You have to learn how to expand scenes, draw them out in more detail. Hope you make your target of 10K. Definitely keep going!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!:hooray:

KBooks

Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, Vicky! Show that universe :)

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Vicky - my first story was about 6K words - it took me a whole year - and that was full of notes to myself and all kinds of stuff - a whole year just to get a 6K draft.

Congrats on your accomplishment !
Congrats on being able to actually do the writing !!

keep at it and have fun!

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
:greenie
b.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
d.gif
a.gif
n.gif
c.gif
e.gif

n.gif
o.gif
w.gif
space.gif
space.gif
w.gif
i.gif
t.gif
h.gif
space.gif
space.gif
c.gif
o.gif
n.gif
g.gif
r.gif
a.gif
t.gif
u.gif
l.gif
a.gif
t.gif
i.gif
o.gif
n.gif
s.gif

:banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana:

vicky271

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! It's an awesome feeling to finally get this story written down!!!!! I appreciate all the support!

CJMatthewson

Registered
Reaction score
Wow well done, that's fantastic! I was going to say not to pressure yourself into reaching 10K, but by the looks of things you already have so congrats! Every story deserves to get told and you're helping another one get out of a brain and onto the paper (or screen, or papyrus, or clay tablet etc...)

Spicyqueso

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!

I think you will find yourself inspired at times and you will sit down and write 1,000 words in no time at all. Other times, it may be hard to write ten haha. At least, that's what happens with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.