Oh, FFS. Wall Street adopt Pence strategy for post-Me Too era

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Are they a bunch of whiny babies who are sulking because they have to change the way they've always done things? Or are they really so stupid that they can't figure out how to treat women like fellow human beings instead of sex objects or potential conquests? Or maybe they just mistrust women so much they really think we are all out to get them, rather than simply trying to do our jobs and related to our co-workers as equals.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ule-for-the-metoo-era-avoid-women-at-all-cost

No more dinners with female colleagues. Don’t sit next to them on flights. Book hotel rooms on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.

In fact, as a wealth adviser put it, just hiring a woman these days is “an unknown risk.” What if she took something he said the wrong way?

Across Wall Street, men are adopting controversial strategies for the #MeToo era and, in the process, making life even harder for women.

This kind of thing, if as widespread as the article suggests, makes me wonder whether or not the male gender needs to be relieved of duty.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
This kind of thing, if as widespread as the article suggests, makes me wonder whether or not the male gender needs to be relieved of duty.

I have wondered this for years. That men have historically used women's alleged emotional instability as an excuse to deprive us of autonomy and power is just galling.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I have wondered this for years. That men have historically used women's alleged emotional instability as an excuse to deprive us of autonomy and power is just galling.

Yep, given how many guys are still trying to convince us that they can't control their hormones or behave like civilized beings in an egalitarian world, it's hypocritical as hell.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Yep, given how many guys are still trying to convince us that they can't control their hormones or behave like civilized beings in an egalitarian world, it's hypocritical as hell.

It's also classic BPD: accuse the other person of doing what you do all the time.

I swear, if I'm ever face to face with a guy who tries on the "but how do I know if I'm harassing women or not??" line, no jury will convict me.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Pence & his ilk would feel better if you temptress women concealed yourselves behind veils and head-to-toe robes? As they continue their headlong rush to establish an American Taliban...

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
It's hard to know if these measures are intended as some kind of revenge or restriction against women, or are actually meant to be helpful. But then, the Pence Rule is so delusional and comically awful that trying to logic out the thought-process is pointless.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
It's hard to know if these measures are intended as some kind of revenge or restriction against women, or are actually meant to be helpful. But then, the Pence Rule is so delusional and comically awful that trying to logic out the thought-process is pointless.

I'm sure it's "helpful" in the way not hiring POC so they won't be uncomfortable in a white work environment is "helpful." It's "helpful" in the way women were traditionally not expected to do "man" jobs because we're too weak/simple/emotional/incapable of writing our names in the snow.

It's restriction and revenge, and anyone who smiles and says,"Sweetie, I'm not hiring you to help you!" deserves a high heel planted squarely in their crotch with maximum available force. Even if one is not wearing high heels at the time - carry one for just such an emergency.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
It sounds like they're just too emotionally fragile to handle high pressure jobs.

It would be a kindness to lock them in their homes, cooking and cleaning, and let the women take care of the hard work.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wall Street is where the brains are supposed to be. What a bunch of dumbos. :Shrug:

It's just plain good old manners and common-sense, guys.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I swear, if I'm ever face to face with a guy who tries on the "but how do I know if I'm harassing women or not??" line, no jury will convict me.

My mother has a good, succinct answer to men who ask this question (which she has, apparently, been asked enough times to need a ready answer).

"If you were in prison, and your very large and intimidating cellmate said or did the thing you're thinking of saying or doing, would you be comfortable with it? If not, don't say or do that thing."

Anyone who finds it that difficult to treat their coworkers in a professional manner is either an idiot, or someone who really, REALLY wants to harass, and probably has harassed in the past, and is now, possibly for the first time, viewing their own conduct in a fresh light and are doing mental gymnastics to assure themselves that they're really "very nice people."

It's really not that difficult. (Or it shouldn't be. If it IS that difficult then the women aren't the problem).

Last edited:

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Wall Street is where the brains are supposed to be. What a bunch of dumbos. :Shrug:

It's just plain good old manners and common-sense, guys.

Nah, it's the place where they harass their workers to work 15-hour work days and 100-hour work weeks with the flogged promise that they will make a lot of money sometime. Never mind the rent they have to fork over from their elevated pay because they can't afford cheaper commutes to the suburbs. Well, that's if they don't sleep at their desk, which they might be harassed to do. At which point, congrats! You've been bought off.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Maybe Pence & his ilk would feel better if you temptress women concealed yourselves behind veils and head-to-toe robes? As they continue their headlong rush to establish an American Taliban...

Even as they insist that we should hate Muslims because they are soooo sexist and want to impose Sharia law on everyone.

It sounds like they're just too emotionally fragile to handle high pressure jobs.

It would be a kindness to lock them in their homes, cooking and cleaning, and let the women take care of the hard work.

Or maybe, given their penchant for citing biology and behavior of other species as justification for their behavior, they should congregate in breeding leks, where they dance and prance and drum their chests. The women who are interested in casual sex or in finding an "alpha male" to father their children can visit and choose whichever guy or guys they think is/are most attractive and virile.

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Should be getting more press coverage. I feel a couple letters to the editors coming on.