It's bloody thursday!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I went to a lot of trouble to get everything finished today because of the weekend and now it turns out it's only Thursday!

ETA: It's still only Thursday.

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that just means you can bludge tomorrow, right?

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thursdays are Fake Fridays. They lie. They can’t deliver on what they promise. They might as well be Wednesdays for all the good they do.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
I have a thing for Thursdays. I like them fine. As a small kid, my dad was paid on Thursdays. That meant getting dressed up and going to TOWN! First we went to the local fabric store for a pattern and material for a dress for mom or me, or my little sister, then on to the dimestores, Duckwalls and Woolworths for a toy or two. I remember a little tin firetruck vividly. Then we, Mom and me, (my sibs had to stay with Grandma and Grandpa because they were TOO LITTLE) would saunter down to Gates Drug, settle into a red vinyl booth and split a chicken salad sandwich with chips. If we were really flush, Mom would order two-- count them two!-- 400s to sip. What is a 400? Chocolate milk on ice! Then, if we had a little coinage to spare I could ride the mechanical horsie in front of Woolworths.

On the rare occasions when Mom had to take my sibs to town instead of me, I got to stay with my Grandpa to work in the garden and then watch Nat King Cole on the newfangled TV--our house was still radio only. Best of all Thursday was Hop a Long Cassidy day. He came on right after lunch. He was a little fuzzier than in the comics but still Hoppy.

In the past 64 years I have had some bad Thursdays but not enough to put me off the day. --s6

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Thursday had been my Wednesday for most of my adult life. Much like when people say 'Happy Friday', I cannot relate.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Thursday had been my Wednesday for most of my adult life. Much like when people say 'Happy Friday', I cannot relate.

Heh, I used to know this woman who, every time I saw her (generally a few times a months, as we knew each other in a professional capicity) would start every interaction by chirping, "Happy *Insert-current-day-of-week*!"

I mean, I can understand "Happy Friday," even if it's not a phrase I'd use myself. But what's so damned happy about a Monday or Tuesday?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thursday is the day after Hump Day, and the day before Friday, soooo I got nothing but lurve for the day that rhymes with thirst day. :Shrug: