What kind of comics do you write?

Another User

Still confused and curious
Registered
Reaction score
Is is superhero? Satire? Romance? Horror?

What I'm writing is somewhat close to satire. It's a romance story full of ironies. Think of films like Double Indemnity. If I have to categorize my comic, I think it would go to the Drama category. And also my comic is kind of long. I don't know if it can be categorized as graphic novel or not, but it will be longer than an average comic.

shadowsminder

writing in the shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowsinmind.carrd.co
Mine is a superhero short with a hint of romance. I'm learning how to layout pages, so I don't know what to expect of its final length. (How long is a graphic short, usually?)

D. E. Wyatt

Registered
Reaction score
Fantasy sword-and-sorcery sort of piece based on Germanic mythology.

bottledheat

Registered
Reaction score
I've been working on 8 pgrs lately. I like how the margins are so tight that you're forced to develop characters and plot rather quickly. The topics for those are mostly stories from my Father, or odd interactions with people I've known, or have had myself.

The larger project on the back-burner is definitely horror/mystery. The protag is a Journalist, so as he finds out more info so do you.

I'm a big fan of untrustworthy narrators. Making certain issues switch between other characters is a good way to test things out for that, as well as providing a contrast to the protag's plot-line.

BeautifulRoses

Registered
Reaction score
Big ones. High fantasy, action packed and an ensemble cast with a simple medium, just pencil and paper.

Kevin_C_Vang

Banned
Reaction score
Is is superhero? Satire? Romance? Horror?

What I'm writing is somewhat close to satire. It's a romance story full of ironies. Think of films like Double Indemnity. If I have to categorize my comic, I think it would go to the Drama category. And also my comic is kind of long. I don't know if it can be categorized as graphic novel or not, but it will be longer than an average comic.
I do dark comics based on moral stories. My comics are an aspiration of Christianity and messed up human history to teach humanity not to repeat human history. This is my goal as a manga writer and an artist. I will write about racism, sexism, rape, witchcraft, mass murder, and many more that are like Lord of the Flies. I do love Lord of the Flies since it teaches people of how to be moral.

Kevin_C_Vang

Banned
Reaction score
I am actually writing one right now; however, I need help on someone to critique my first episode as my first pilot take-off. I am wondering if anybody can critique my script on a private message, which I don't mind if this place does.