The 2018-2019 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi/Fantasy Story Swap!

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
I still haven’t finished reviewing stories from the other Sisyphus!

Or revising the stories I wrote. Or requesting all the stories. Or reading the ones I have. And I think I missed replying to a request or two...

Omg I’m a terrible human being but I’m jumping in ready or not and

ACK MUST FIND PROMPT!!!

:deadhorse

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Or revising the stories I wrote. Or requesting all the stories. Or reading the ones I have. And I think I missed replying to a request or two...

I'm gonna spend the rest of my life trying to finish the stories I've started for the two Sisyphoi this year.

And I don't have a prompt either. #YOLO

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Will Collins, it's massively good fun.

You sign up to give and receive (or just give) a story starting on 1 December.* Cobra and his elves collect all the prompts, use arcane magic to decide who is getting which prompt and then the prompts are given out on Promptmas (aka Christmas Day). You then have a couple of months to write a story for your giftee. During that time there is much fun and encouraging in the thread. It's a secret who you're writing for, no one knows but you and Cobra (and your beta if you have one). Once the stories are given out, the guessing thread goes up, where a snippet from each story is posted, and everyone tries to guess who wrote what.

It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

All that said... Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :Jump:

*The new season of sisyfus will begin in a new thread, not this one, so keep an eye out for it--it'll be titled the same as this one, only with 2020 in the title. :)

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Yeah, I actually haven't even looked at the story I wrote since I turned it in last year. That thing made me pants harder than I've ever pantsed before and while there are things I liked about it... I'm not sure I know how to revise it to a point I'd be willing to try to send it off? That would be the only reason I'd bother revising. It would probably help to actually look at it again and see what I think now, but I've been procrastinating it. :p

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I'm here, got my prompt all ready! *looks around* Anyone seen our fearless leader?

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Published!

Big news gang! I sold my solstice story "Clod-Shodden" to Metaphorosis Magazine! It should be coming out sometime in the next three months or so and will be available to read online for free.

I'm officially a published author! Woot!

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com
Big news gang! I sold my solstice story "Clod-Shodden" to Metaphorosis Magazine! It should be coming out sometime in the next three months or so and will be available to read online for free.

OMG CONGRATS!

This story is so good guys!!!

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score

Wow, this is great news. I loved this story and am not surprised it found a home. Congratulations, Tazlima!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Taz! It's a wonderful story and I'm glad more people will get to read it now!

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations! It's great to hear such good news Tazlima :snoopy:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
So ... where are we at?

Still on a forum on planet Earth, presumably...

I just, maybe, finally have an idea that could carry a story, but my year has been pretty much terrible on every conceivable level. (Wouldn't say no to a minor deadline extension, IOW, but will work with what I got regardless - not like things are gonna get better for the foreseeable future anyway.)

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Slightly belated congrats to Taz!

(I didn't manage to get onto the forums in the brief window it came up before.)