The 2018-2019 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi/Fantasy Story Swap!

Cal_Darin

There's always another secret!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm definitely game!!!!

Give: I am primarily a fantasy writer! I can dip into Sci-fi (and wouldn't mind being pushed to do a bit more of it truth be told). If somebody really wants fantasy erotica I can probably swing that. Also good at silly stuff (again in the fantasy realm).

Receive: I'd like something from a 'normal' person in an otherwise fantastical world. A butcher who is inconvenienced by the necromantic plague sweeping the land because the stock won't stay still anymore. The space station gift shop clerk who has to deal with aliens that can't eat the food or wear the clothes he/she is selling, but they want to try them anyways. Something silly (Pratchett-esq, I suppose)!

Last edited:

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
That sounds like totally best thing for brainstorming to me. (But I may be biased because I am lonely sick ball of misery this morning and also way behind on my FFC prompts.)

Am tempted to make note of my favorite prompts to Cobra this year as one or two do jump out at me. But some of the fun is working with the unexpected too.
You can do the thing, themindstream!!! :Hug2::Hug2::Hug2:for the lonely, sick feelings.

TBH, I always tell Cobra a few of my favorites. While I've gained a lot of writing confidence by participating in this event, I'm not quite confident enough to not note favorites for fear of getting one that makes me draw a complete and total blank. Maybe I'll reach that level of confidence someday, but it is not this day. :p

Angela

Named For a Song...
Registered
Reaction score
Cobra, does it matter that my name isn't showing on your original post? I just didn't know if there's a master list elsewhere. :hooray::hi::hooray:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cobra, does it matter that my name isn't showing on your original post? I just didn't know if there's a master list elsewhere. :hooray::hi::hooray:

Oops! Corrected.

Seems I'll have to have a chat with the Story Elves about their attention to deta-

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Damn it, which one of us keeps dropping shiny baubles?

*whistles innocently*

I had nothing to do with that. Nothing.

-side eyes scruffy-looking Glitter Reaper-

I BEG YOUR PARDON? SCRUFFY?

*sniffs indignantly*
*shifts bag of shiny baubles further back into the prompt pile*

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly ONE WEEK left to sign up for the Sisyphus. If you, your friends, your family, your pet, or a random-stranger-you-met-that-one-time-at-the-coffee-joint-that's-simply-not-as-good-as-your-normal-spot-but-it-was-close-and-dangit-you-needed-caffeine-NOW wants to participate, let them know they still have time, but it's ah-tickin'!

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly ONE WEEK left to sign up for the Sisyphus. If you, your friends, your family, your pet, or a random-stranger-you-met-that-one-time-at-the-coffee-joint-that's-simply-not-as-good-as-your-normal-spot-but-it-was-close-and-dangit-you-needed-caffeine-NOW wants to participate, let them know they still have time, but it's ah-tickin'!

*waits with baited breath to see Cobra's prompt*

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
There are a few people from last year still not signed up. I miss them.

But yeah, Cobra, where's YOUR prompt. :poke:

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
I think Cobra is probably doing a different system than us, instead of Giving and Receiving, he's going for Organising and Receiving everything. :e2brows:

shadowsminder

writing in the shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowsinmind.carrd.co
:PartySmil:TheWave: This event is amazing! I'm in for both giving/receiving.

GIVING: Just about anything. Whatever I think I don't write, I end up writing in some way.

RECEIVING: Prompt: Bioplastics and elves.

No explicit parental abuse or horror. (Horresque is fine.)

Rainbow Drop points for LGBTQIA characters. (No, you don't need to work in all the letters. Extra points if you do! Neither romance nor sex scenes are required.)
Twilight Sparkle points for characters with blended identities. Examples: Half-elf, Cherokee-Irish, the living dead.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
*Returns from December 25th, assigned prompt in hand.*

Makes note to have time machine serviced.

Reads prompt.

Sighs. "Oh, you poor thing; I'm so sorry."

Begins writing.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
You have a time machine, Ari? Can I borrow it? :D

I'm so itching to start writing!

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
No—hangs head in shame—but I've always wanted one, just like I've always wanted a flying car as they promised way back in the '50s. I feel let down and betrayed, dadgummit!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
A time machine would be awesome... not so much the flying car. *doesn't like heights*

But really, Michael, looking at pictures of Mars, do you want to go there? It's kind of... dead. *g* I'd rather go someplace that has plants and growing things.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Like, maybe . . . Maine?

Oh, hell no! I left Canada to get away from cold and snow... and Maine has way more of that crap than where I lived in Canada. LOL

I would have liked to have seen more of Hawaii than the airport, but sadly, that's out of reach anymore. (Chronic illness stinks)