The 2018-2019 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi/Fantasy Story Swap!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Giddly excited to announce that my 2018 poem for Tazlima, The Mayor of the Moon, has been accepted for publication in the Alternative Bedtime Reading for Progressive Parents anthology by B Cubed Press!

Emoticon: Squee Face.

Seriously, major congrats, Maggie!

Howdy, everyone. Apologies for being radio silent the last couple of months. Family, work, writing stuff, but all good. Just want to ensure everyone has gotten stories they requested and make sure there were no lingering issues or questions.

T-Minus Almost 6 Months till Sisyphus 2020....

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's November 1st and that can only mean one thing:

T-Minus 1 month until the next Sisyphus!!

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
T-Minus 1 month until the next Sisyphus!!
AAAAAAAAAH!

Oh wait, I actually have a prompt left from Sequel Soltice...

I have a prompt but no bandwidth this season to write. Is that OK?
Usually giving something in return is a requirement of Sisyphus. But there is no minimum length, got any bandwidth left for something short, maybe?

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: I can't wait! It's been a dreadful year for writing for me (well, kind of been a crappy year all round, but never mind that), I'm hoping sisyfus will be the kick in the pants I need to get back to it. Now all I need is a prompt. :)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: I can't wait! It's been a dreadful year for writing for me (well, kind of been a crappy year all round, but never mind that), I'm hoping sisyfus will be the kick in the pants I need to get back to it. Now all I need is a prompt. :)

The Sisyphus is the emotional bandaid we all need. It covers our scabs, heals our wounds, and hurts like the dickens when you try to take it off.

Wait.....uh.....

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, as a heads up, we'll likely implement a new rule this year requiring a 50 post minimum for participants. This is not only to sync with the SYW requirement, but also to ensure that those who come to play are already established and invested in AW. So if you have friends not yet on AW that might want to join, please get the word out.

Last edited:

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
wtf, already??? the entire year seems taken up with Sisyphus and its sequels. And that's a good thing. A GOOD thing.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
That reminds me, I've really got to get my arse into gear and finish the sequel story before the next Sisyphus starts.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
That reminds me, I've really got to get my arse into gear and finish the sequel story before the next Sisyphus starts.

My plan is to keep editing my story from last year while finishing my sequel story AND write the upcoming one all next year, thus assuring I never finish anything while being in a constant panic about it. Fun!

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
My plan is to keep editing my story from last year while finishing my sequel story AND write the upcoming one all next year, thus assuring I never finish anything while being in a constant panic about it. Fun!

Kevin, has anyone ever told you that you're barking mad? *g*