December Challenge - Write Every Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 8
Revised two chapters, 6401 words.

Layla: Nice work. Love watching Harry Potter films this time of year.

The Second Moon: Outstanding!

Pterofan: Congrats on your assignment!

April: Way to think! Puce. You're welcome.

Cindyt: Nice drafting.

xenylic: Congrats. Give yourself a break and a pat on the back.

starrystorm: Yes. Describing a character from another character's POV has saved my bacon.

Taylor: That sounds like hell.

Keithy: Welcome back, Shana.

Last edited:

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Day 8

Drive by. Today was my quarterly wellness checkup, and it is always an ordeal, and all I did when I got home was sleep.

Last edited:

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
I had to quit tweaking my fantasy short and just submit the darned thing. Either it sinks or it swims.

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 9
Revised two chapter, 4157 words. My furnace threw a tantrum, so distraction.

Cindyt: Ugh, hope you slept well.

Taylor: Swim, swim, swim. Good luck.

Pterofan: Way to get some words down. Good luck with your assignment.

The Second Moon: Way to keep at it.

Have a good week, folks!

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, Second Moon, that's OK, you're allowed a slow day after your previous sterling efforts this week. Be kind to yourself.

Taylor - good luck from me too.

Cindyt - sleep well, keep well.

As for me, I did nothing yesterday but tip-tapped out 421 words today. I am beginning to flesh out the supporting characters and their relationships - I have a rumbling discontent between "SL" and "WW" (I need names). Shana has been found by a small team of people tasked with preventing people summoning demons. Demons are bad in this world - they are like nuclear weapons.

swim swim swimmy swim

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Excellent, Gough!

Rest & take it easy, C :)

Whoa, Taylor - writing is hard, rewriting is harder, but submitting - separates the men adults from the boys children ;)

Way to keep at it Ptero

Congratulation Moon, on the 195 and writing every day this month :D

Great work Gough!

Keithy, congrats on the 421!

Day 9

WIP 1/2 page
R/SC - started the day with a housemate call (6 AM) then earning service, groceries and I was freezing & tired when I go home & took a big nap. I wanted to do all the get-ready-for-the-week chores but too tired & foggy, so I read Harry Potter & just squeaked by with the chores & got basics ready for tomorrow, and had time for a quick bath & tha Manipedi Ended the evening with two housemate emails
$$ - moar indy writing exercise

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Day 9

Draft - 765

Polished - 1 scene

Research - Bikini wax styles. ;)

Published - The North Gwinnett Voice published my feature article Sweet Nothings On Scrap Paper

Kiethy - I did, thank you so much! Congrats on the tip-tapped 421 words.

WGough - Actually, I slept too much. Lol. I didn’t want to write word-one today, but I got up and got my butt in gear.

Layla - I slept so well yesterday afternoon, I slept today too. WTG on the half page.

I had a brainstorm in the form of a mime who triggers a brutality that happened to Carolina when she was fourteen.

Last edited:

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
Pterofan: Paid excuses are good excuses.

SecondMoon: Great count!

Layla: Azkaban is my fav book ever :) Have you read it before?

WGough: The end must be in sight now …

Cindyt: Way to get back in the groove :)

Taylor: Good luck!

Keithy: Very sensible to spend time on the supporting cast. Good luck finding names.

Busy weekend; today I am catastrophically hungover. Watching Star Trek. Star Trek good. (Wine bad). Gonna attempt to direct my brain towards my book later on … I’m sure I’ll have some amazingly creative thoughts.

Day 10: Bleh; 0.5 miles; uunnnnggghhhhh

xenylic

Advancing to the Castle Age
Registered
Reaction score
Just over 1,200 words today! Had my character's love interest play a little game of backgammon, get drunk, and spill her guts about all her jealous inclinations, which is always fun to write about :D

In other news, I finished the hardest project of the most demanding class for this semester. Still have a final to take next Tuesday, but everything else in that class is DONE.

Kinda tired and moody. My sister comes back home for the holidays tomorrow, but I probably won't see her until Thursday at the earliest. I also have another concern due tomorrow night, but hopefully it'll be a nice break up the monotony of work, work, and more work.

Oh, and I almost forgot! 8,629 words left for the year! I can almost taste 140k!

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
Day 10
Revised two chapters, 4104 words. Four chapters to go.

Keithy: Way to tip-tap. Nice word count.

Layla: That's some day. Congrats on your 1/2 page.

Cindyt: Your day sounds like an amusement park. Love, love, love.

April: Perfect way to spend a hungover day. Feel better, Number One.

Pterofan: Nice progress.

The Second Moon: Wow. Great work!

xenylic: Amazing word count!

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Edited a page and a half. All of my momentum came to a screeching halt with two rejections.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
April, yes, I have but I only remember Trelawney's class… so it's like a new book for me :D

Congrats on that 1.5 pages, Ptero!

Great work, Moon

Excellent productivity, Xen :D

Wow, Gough - 4 chapters to go.

ah - Taylor - those Rs…

Day 10

WIP 1/2 page
R/SC - earning service, housemate phone call
$$ - some indy project research, a very wee bit of exercise writing

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Day 10

Draft - 620

Polished - 1 scene. 1 chapter. Table of Contents on historical.

Research - English spoken with a Spanish accent.

April - If I can just stay in the groove. Everybody has a slump day.

Moon - YaY!

WGough - Sounds like you had a successful writing session. WTG

I am taking antibiotics for a sinus infection that wants to worsen, and I did not want to write at all today, but I pushed my nose aside and tip-tapped.

Last edited:

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 10 - 339 words

Still hacking away at the freelance work, and now I have a dental appointment tomorrow morning (check-up/cleaning, nothing to worry about). It's either feast or famine, isn't it? :tongue

Taylor - sorry about the Rs. See April for Romulan ale.

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
Pterofan: It makes for a great hair o’ the dug :tongue

xenylic: Well done!

WGough: Captain, eh? ;) (Yay you’re so close!)

Taylor: Sorry to hear about the rejections. A loss of momentum is completely understandable.

Layla: I’m intrigued to know why her class in particular stood out for you! Was it all the teapots?

Cindyt: Ooft, great job for writing when ill. I hope your research involved watching clips of Manuel from Fawlty Towers.

Feeling a wee bit more alive today. Did quite a bit of character work and world-building, which was fun. I need to organise my notes and then sort out oppositions between characters. Tomorrow though. My brain is too mush for any more today.

Day 11: Decent bit; 9 miles; total bloody Mayhem (baroompa-tsss)

Last edited:

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
In spite of my earlier depression, I somehow managed to transcribe a few pages. Hopefully this story will be done as a first draft soon. After this one is done I'm quitting shorts and devoting as much time as possible to editing the novel. Went through eight pages today, just simple line-by-line stuff.

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
I may be a little late to this party but I just saw this thread. Doing NANO is difficult for me since I have to travel out of state every November to see my family for two different Thanksgivings. Totally worth it but with all the travel I do, writing that many words is near impossible.

I just saw that there's a December challenge to write every day. I'm 10 days behind, but I'm jumping into this challenge right now!

December goals:
1) Finally write that huge ending scene I've been avoiding.
2) Head back to the start and redo the intro. It doesn't have to be perfect, but play around with some new intro ideas. I'm unhappy with what I currently have.
3) I will write minimum 300 words every day with the intent of building habit, not finishing a story.

Last edited:

xenylic

Advancing to the Castle Age
Registered
Reaction score
1,500 words today! Slow start, and pretty wiped, but I'm still keeping at it. Taking things day by day (as hard as it is at this point).

I've got my second concert tonight, which will be a nice break away from book stuff.

Minus 7,137 words and counting!

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Nice work, Cindy

Ptero - 339 is great! Congratulations

April, I dunno but I *think* it might be the weirdness of her classroom location - I never quite grokked it. (wow. My spellcheck likes grok…)

Taylor, I've definitely had those days where I all I could do was something do-abble - congrats on doing some writing

Hi Blinkk and welcome!

You sure are, Moon :D

Xen, you're unstoppable

Day 11
WIP - 3/4 page - a surprise, since I got up a bit late and didn't expect to have writing time (I basically have a 10 minute window on work days)
R/SC - earning service, housemate call
$$indy research, PHONE INTERVIEW for a skilled gig :)

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Blinkk! 300 words is good. I keep telling myself that if I want to get the book written then write it.
Xenylic - good progress, that's about my limit for a week at the moment. I need to speed up and stop wasting time on (insert pointless stuff).
WGough - the dubious pleasure of editing awaits me. At present my work is so rough I could sand wood with it.

OK, I did nothing yesterday, but I did win at scrabble.

Today I managed to crank out 366 words, which got me to the end of a chapter. Shana has been introduced to her first horse (where she comes from they use fusion-powered hover vehicles etc). The horses are a bit scared of her because she evolved from a more carnivorous humanoid. She's yet to find reverse gear.

I started poking and prodding at chapter 2 but couldn't make myself do more. I've just told myself I need to name the rest of my characters.

Swimmy swims swim swim... making progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.