Finding a cover artist

krommenaas

Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking for an artist to make a digital painting for my cover (not the cover design, just the illustration). It's been harder than I'd expected. I've been browsing ArtStation and DeviantArt and mailing the artists whose work I really liked and was similar to what I want, to ask if they take commissions and what a single illustration would cost, but most don't respond and if they do it's usually to say they're too busy. That's probably because I pick the most talented artists and they're either fully employed or too big to take on a single task for an unknown like me.

Anyway, is there a place where you can browse the works of artists who are actually available to do commissions?

(for any artists who might be lurking here: I'm looking for a landscape with a dramatic sky, smallish human figures - possible a battle scene - in warm colours and an abstractish style that still looks interesting when viewed up close. Something like this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/s6tWV2RvwLE/maxresdefault.jpg )