Trouble in Trump-land

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Rudy's whining about it, too.

Twitter allowed someone to invade my text with a disgusting anti-President message. The same thing-period no space-occurred later and it didn’t happen. Don’t tell me they are not committed cardcarrying anti-Trumpers. Time Magazine also may fit that description. FAIRNESS PLEASE

He's completely clueless.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Rudy's whining about it, too.

He's completely clueless.

Poor, poor Rudy. May he be stopped and frisked every time he steps outside, his car be towed every time his driver parks, his garbage ticketed daily, and oh yeah, perhaps next time he leaves room for a hyperlink someone can point him to a refresher course on organized crime.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, jeepers, guys! Give Rudy a break! He only has 280 characters so he has to worry about economy of space here!

*snrk* :ROFL:

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
Imagine if someone had written a story about a narcissist billionaire becoming POTUS and wreaking havoc by putting the worst people in charge and formulating policies from comments heard on a conspiracy theory TV channel disguised as a reputable news outlet...

-cb

yesandno

stagnationtown
Registered
Reaction score
Oops. Spoilers.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Imagine if someone had written a story about a narcissist billionaire becoming POTUS and wreaking havoc by putting the worst people in charge and formulating policies from comments heard on a conspiracy theory TV channel disguised as a reputable news outlet...

-cb

I've read somewhere that the difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to make sense...

That said, I'm really sick of reality getting away with crud plot twists that would get me laughed out of every agent and publisher on the planet.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Trump's in trouble when the like-minded followers can't stand him any longer:
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/news...mp-backlash/ar-BBQFyAO?li=AAggNb9&OCID=FIRPLC

Ammon Bundy, of the 'anti-government stand-off militia' Bundys, doesn't agree with Trump's stand on migrants, and appears somewhat pro-immigrant. When he declared this to his on-line fans, they turned on him, so he's stepping away from the 'patriot' movement.

His father, Cliven, is opposed to Trump's wall, saying that walls were bad, and people should get along. Although I wonder what his neighbours and the Bureau of Land Management think about that.

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
The Bundys are farmers, first and foremost, and they need farmhands. The rhetoric coming from the Chamber of Commerce side of the Republican Party has always been that they can prevent the illegal immigrants from being citizens but they need them to be here so that can earn wages below that of legal citizens. That angle appeals to farmers who have been voting Republican for a while. They get cheap labour and they can dependably rile their constituencies to vote for the leaders they push forward. And they can be "oh, we don't approve of the rhetoric" but continue to write the people who feed the voters with the rhetorical chum.

The nationalists are losing their patience with the Chamber of Commerce folks. They tend to not be farmers and the people operating the Tyson chicken processing plant. The nationalists have bought into the Wall. And while the Wall might be a folly, immigration will be a wrestling point that will be battled out with the nationalists and the chamber folk. Perhaps it may be better if the nationalists beat the chamber folk. Perhaps we'll get a more honest line from the Republican Party.