Trouble in Trump-land

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Big news today:

1. Michael Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress in new deal with Mueller in Trump-Russia probe. Cohen incriminates Trump, and probably Manafort, Donnie Jr.

There's more:

2. Deutsche Bank Offices Raided in Money-Laundering Probe. The bank that loaned trump millions, when no one else would.

And more:

3. Trump abruptly cancels planned Putin meeting

But wait. It gets even better:

4. Federal agents show up at Ald. Ed Burke’s City Hall office, paper over windows

Burke's law firm did tax work for... wait for it... trump, for 12 years.

That sound you hear is shit hitting the fan.

My, my, my.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
When Trump laid down on the floor, cried, waved his arms and legs, and threatened to shut down the government over his wall (again), and Mr. Mueller calmly said his team would continue on without salaries...well, I knew we were on to something serious.

Then Ivanka threw herself under the bus with a Deborah Roberts interview (airing in snippets on ABC's Good Morning America)...

And I do sincerely hope the feds are looking after Cohen and his family...IMO, it's no coincidence that Manafort and Corsi have played dirty pool with investigators...

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Interesting developments. I wonder what he will cook up to try and distract everyone. Actually, "wonder" is the wrong word. "Shudder to think of" would be more accurate.

+1

I'm still a little skeptical, given how much power still rests in TeaOP (read: the Party of Enabling for Fun and Profit) hands, as to whether actual consequences will be felt, but it is somewhat encouraging... though I'm not just worried about the distraction. I'm worried that, if consequences appear unavoidable, they'll burn the town (read: country) on the way out the door. Possibly literally...

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Oh, wait, they do! Cream cheese, Cool Whip, Pistachio Pudding, real pistachios (they were red shelled back in the day), canned pineapple and miniature marshmallows (We just Lost Vernie. )Wonder what kind of wine goes with marshmallows and pistachio pudding. Riesling? I'm going with Mad Dog! --s6

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I hope that all the poo hits the fan after Christmas when we have our new House.

Also, I will admit that I have an idle fantasy of Pence somehow being implicated too. A double impeachment after January could give us a President Pelosi. The screams would be deafening, and there would be enough right-wing tears to bottle and sell as a beverage.

Larry M

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
... Also, I will admit that I have an idle fantasy of Pence somehow being implicated too. A double impeachment after January could give us a President Pelosi. The screams would be deafening, and there would be enough right-wing tears to bottle and sell as a beverage.

Let's keep in mind that Pence is VP because of Manafort, so, that's still possible.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I hope that all the poo hits the fan after Christmas when we have our new House.

Also, I will admit that I have an idle fantasy of Pence somehow being implicated too. A double impeachment after January could give us a President Pelosi. The screams would be deafening, and there would be enough right-wing tears to bottle and sell as a beverage.

I have a very, very hard time believing anyone's hands are clean in this regime; he's always struck me as the Quiet One, waiting in the wings with glinting eyes and restrained manners, to swoop in as the Savior of Normalcy if/when Distraction Man's day is done... only he's ten times as dangerous in the way a venomous serpent is deadlier than a barking, blathering dog, 'cause you don't see him coming and one bit is death.

Whether it can be proven is another story altogether, but my hunch is that none of this would've or could've happened without shoulder-deep involvement by the entire upper TeaOP, Pence included. (And just look at how McConnell, Ryan, et al. have bent over backwards to normalize all this... sure don't look like innocent actions by innocent men to me, but cover-ups by people with something to lose... JMHO, though.)

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The reaction from right wing nut job Dan Bongino over today's news is hilarious (the tweet and the comments.) This clown is first rate lunatic.

Fantasy in Trumplandia. Anyone taking notes for the book? :tongue

As for Pence, he gave away the fact he knew about Flynn's lies and Flynn never lied to Pence. That was quickly shoved under the table and Pence was whooshed off to segregate himself from all things Trump except photo ops with glaring admiration of Trump.

But even if Pence were impeached along with Trump, that would just be more insurance the GOP controlled Senate would never vote to convict (is that what it's called?) either of them if it put a Democrat and especially that Democrat in the office of POTUS.

Last edited:

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, wait, they do! Cream cheese, Cool Whip, Pistachio Pudding, real pistachios (they were red shelled back in the day), canned pineapple and miniature marshmallows (We just Lost Vernie. )Wonder what kind of wine goes with marshmallows and pistachio pudding. Riesling? I'm going with Mad Dog! --s6

I haven't seen pistachio pudding in years, and now I'm all nostalgic for those red finger staining pistachios.

As for the wine, I'm thinking Boone's Farm.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I have a very, very hard time believing anyone's hands are clean in this regime; he's always struck me as the Quiet One, waiting in the wings with glinting eyes and restrained manners, to swoop in as the Savior of Normalcy if/when Distraction Man's day is done... only he's ten times as dangerous in the way a venomous serpent is deadlier than a barking, blathering dog, 'cause you don't see him coming and one bit is death.

I think it's interesting what a very low profile he has been keeping as veep, even compared to others in the past. It feels like the GOP wants people to forget how horrible he is in his own way, or maybe even to forget he exists at all. Or maybe he's just laying low so as not to incur Trump's wrath.

But even if Pence were impeached along with Trump, that would just be more insurance the GOP controlled Senate would never vote to convict (is that what it's called?) either of them if it put a Democrat and especially that Democrat in the office of POTUS.

True--not unless 3 GOP senators, at least, decide to develop some personal integrity at the possible expense of their re-electibility.

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
I'm betting 'laying low'. It's not like Trump would let any potential competitor have a chance to shine. If there's the kind of secondary event that a vice-president would normally be sent to cover for the president, in Trump's eyes, if it's not big enough for him to attend, it just doesn't exist.
And a smart man doesn't get caught in Trump's crosshairs.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trump denied knowing anything about Jr's Trump Tower meeting with the 3 Russian agents. In his written answers to Mueller, he also denied knowing anything about Wikileaks releasing the hacked DNC Hillary emails.

During his Congressional testimony, Jr. conveniently could not remember whose blocked number he called right before agreeing to the Tower meeting. He did however happily admit to speaking with Julian Assange as to when to best release the hacked emails, to do the most damage to her campaign.

Ivanka implicates herself in a televised interview.

It makes me wonder a couple of things.
1)Do they have a game plan of the kids taking the fall. IE: We did this all on our own without our father's knowledge; our bad. Leaving Trump to pardon his criminal offspring.

2)They are all that dumb and the entire clan will go down.

And an interesting aside that could make the "Have the kids take fall and be pardon plan" useless.

Come January the House Intelligence Committee will go after the phone number Jr called. If it's dear old dad's, the house of cards crumbles.

Intel Committee link

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Pence's stiff necked, ultra -religious pomposity will not play well with many of the supporters that Trump managed to cobble together--Trump really is more liberal than he spouts. Pence should go down easily enough. I think the American people in general have gotten a bad taste for ultra religiosity. Remember, Trump lost the popular vote by a hell of lot and that was 2 years ago! --s6

Scribhneoir

Reinventing Myself
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It makes me wonder a couple of things.
1)Do they have a game plan of the kids taking the fall. IE: We did this all on our own without our father's knowledge; our bad. Leaving Trump to pardon his criminal offspring.

2)They are all that dumb and the entire clan will go down.

I go with (2) -- they are all that dumb. And when the entire clan goes down, I really hope their enablers, McConnell especially, go down with them.

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
The thing that makes me crazy is that Trump may have sold us out to Russia just to build a damn hotel in Moscow.

It makes me think of the last lines from Fargo: "And for what? For a little bit of money? There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don'tcha know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it."

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
....Lightly looked at doing a building somewhere in Russia. Put up zero money, zero guarantees and didn’t do the project. Witch Hunt!

Well that's OK then. I mean, when has anyone ever been condemned for *attempted* murder?