• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta for SF/F partial manuscript

Status
Not open for further replies.

midazolam

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

EDITED TO ADD - I'm still looking for a beta reader for a SF/F (YA/adult crossover, 50K words), so if you're interested, please let me know. I don't need a line edit or anything like that - just your general impression would be helpful. It's like a Hades & Persephone retelling meets a Western/SF.

I can also swap! I read all genres but less than 80K please, thanks.

--

Here is an abbreviated synopsis:

Vera and her widowed sister Sadie have been living on the edge of the wilderness for years, and for the most part, they make do. But every so often, those woods spit out a man--or a woman, or something totally other. And when that happens, Vera stands on her roof, reaches deep into her own conscience, and shoots them dead. Hard years and hard lessons have taught her that this is the only way to survive.

Until one day, a young stranger comes tearing out of those woods, and Vera doesn't shoot him. She wants to talk to him. Namely, does he know what happened to Sadie's husband, who went into the wilderness two years ago and never returned? What about the other hundred people from their tiny town that disappeared?

When the stranger makes her a deal, Vera is faced with an impossible choice - does she stay and survive, or go and risk everything for the truth?

Last edited:

midazolam

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm still looking for a beta. Happy to swap. I'm also pretty good at query letters if you need help with that (I've written a few successful ones, plus I tend to be pretty good at cutting things down to the bare essentials). I could really use some feedback, whatever you can offer. Thank you again!

EmSalah29

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I would love to swap, especially since I'm writing a Fantasy novel. I'll send you a PM as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.