U.S. Agents tear gas migrants

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Well, people identified as 'drug lords' henchmen'. It would not entirely astonish me, nor would I blame them, if some of those immigrants, coming from violent areas, walking the length of several foreign countries, carried some sort of firearm for protecting their families.

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
One such person tweeted at me last night, during a long and heated "discussion" on the border incident:
Why is it our job to help immigrants get on their feet?

I looked at her Twitter profile, and she calls herself a "philanthropist."

Irony is officially dead and buried with the MAGA crowd.

Because we want to treat people better than our ancestors were treated?
Because this is North America - if you're not a member of a First Nations (tribe) your damn ancestors were immigrants, too.

Everybody who isn't an Indian is here because, somewhere along the line, theirancestors wanted out of wherever they were badly enough to give up their families, their homes and their history to get outta Dodge.

It is not our place to just smugly say "We got ours!" and slam the door shut.

*Exception made for people who were forcibly dragged here by other people so that they could be enslaved.

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Well, people identified as 'drug lords' henchmen'. It would not entirely astonish me, nor would I blame them, if some of those immigrants, coming from violent areas, walking the length of several foreign countries, carried some sort of firearm for protecting their families.

Migrant fleeing violence carrying weapon to protect family vs blowhard gun-packer with delusions of Ramboism mindlessly parroting propaganda, competing for the right to exist...

This is not a reality show I want to watch. Please, someone pull the plug on this fiasco before the premiere - assuming the pilot episode isn't happening as I type.

vsrenard

Watching the Whales
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vanithasankaran.com
I abhor Trump but this tear gas policy is not new to him:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama-tear-gas-border-migrants/

I get it; when masses are rushing a border fence and throwing rocks, you need to somehow get control of the situation. But focusing on an acute solution to a chronic problem is self-defeating. To really address the crux of the issue, we need a thoughtful approach that considers (at the least) what we can do to ameliorate conditions in problem countries and how we can improve immigration problems.