Education Department Proposes Enhanced Protections for Students Accused of Sexual Assault

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
The Trump Administration continues in its far-reaching quest to be on the wrong side of history in every regard.

Because, of course, students go around wrongly accusing their fellow students of sexual assault all the time :sarcasm

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos announced sweeping rules on how colleges handle cases of sexual assault and harassment that she says will fix a "failed" and "shameful" system that has been unfair to accused students. In what the administration is calling a "historic process," the proposed rules aim to significantly enhance legal protections for the accused and reflect a sentiment expressed by President Trump that men are unfairly being presumed guilty. More than a year in the making, the rules replace Obama-era policies on how to implement Title IX, the law barring gender discrimination in schools that get federal funding.

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/16/6685...otection-for-students-accused-of-sexual-assau

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, and once the students get these enhanced protections, why, in the interests of fairness, the instructors should get them, too. After that, the sky's the limit, and no man will ever be held to account for his criminal sexual activities, ever again.

Yeah, I can see why Trump and the Creepy Old Politicians Club want this.
It's ridiculous. It's not even about high-school teenagers: if you're old enough and smart enough to get into college, you should understand, at a minimum, that you shouldn't try to have sex with drunk or semiconcious women, and, even better, not try to get them drunk or semiconcious. Or bully them, or badger them, etc.

Last edited:

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Hey, and once the students get these enhanced protections, why, in the interests of fairness, the instructors should get them, too. After that, the sky's the limit, and no man will ever be held to account for his criminal sexual activities, ever again.

Yeah, I can see why Trump and the Creepy Old Politicians Club want this.
It's ridiculous. It's not even about high-school teenagers: if you're old enough and smart enough to get into college, you should understand, at a minimum, that you shouldn't try to have sex with drunk or semiconcious women, and, even better, not try to get them drunk or semiconcious. Or bully them, or badger them, etc.

I'm waiting for them to flat-out decriminalize all violence against women. And I'm not even sure I'm joking anymore; any regime that brings back asbestos and strips protection from national lands and literally steals kids while praising Nazis, there's no limit to the evil they'll unleash.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
In addition to the clear, revolting (and terrifying) put wimmenz in their place aspect, I saw an interesting take in a thread on Twitter, looking at it as institutional interests vs student interests. No mystery as to why DeVos would land on the side of institutional interests.

SarahJane

Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting. Every time I think these nutjobs can't get any lower, they pull a stunt like this.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Well aren't we all just frightened for the poor guys? What kind of world is it when young men live in terror of being kicked out of college, maybe even prosecuted, for "enhanced" sexual conquest? It's not like they can help themselves when those darned "co eds" insist on tempting and taunting them by existing in the same space as the men.

Last edited: