• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

IRL Lore before or after the story?

Fullon_v4.0

Shard Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rtdriver90.tumblr.com
Hello all, I need guidance!

So a side project of mine has been to clean up any remaining syntax errors that escaped editting in my Isaac Comett series, coupled with a bunch of concept art, and rerelease all 3 Acts together as an anthology.

The question I have is about a segment that talks about the real-life experiences that run parallel to the events of the series. Would something like this be best put in the beginning before chapter 1 as a sort of "prologue" or at the end with the rest of the extras? It could be intriguing to know how much of the adventure is real, but at the same time does it really matter if they hadn't read any of it yet?

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
The question I have is about a segment that talks about the real-life experiences that run parallel to the events of the series. Would something like this be best put in the beginning before chapter 1 as a sort of "prologue" or at the end with the rest of the extras? It could be intriguing to know how much of the adventure is real, but at the same time does it really matter if they hadn't read any of it yet?

Definitely at the end. That's where that sort of thing is conventionally placed, where it doesn't interfere with the story itself.