• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

UPDATE: *Found* Beta/Swap for Upper MG Steampunk Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carissa

my day, your day, lovely day
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carissa-taylor.blogspot.com
Hi all!

Updated to add that I've found enough folks to swap with for this edit round. Thanks so much everyone! I so appreciate it!! I'll likely be looking again come March!

I'm looking for a second-round beta reader for my Upper MG steampunk fantasy. At this point, I'm particularly looking for a reader who has a fair amount of experience with MG, as I realize with this project I'm toeing the line between MG and YA, and most of my other readers are more squarely in the YA domain.

I'm totally happy to do a swap, and as mine is a bit on the long side (77K -- yes I know it will need cropping! >.< ), I'm happy to help out with more than one project to make things fair!

Here is my blurb for FIREGIRL:

12-year-old Antigony Nonsdotter is Lundberg’s top detektive. It’s not her fault no one realizes it yet. Armed with her casebook, a satchel full of candles, and her cogbeetle Bjarnabus, she’s just one case away from cracking the ultimate mystery: her own.

Left on the doorstep of Graystings Academy when she was just a few months old, she was begrudgingly raised by the Headmistress and trained as a maidservant. She’s only had two clues as to who she really is: her name, and her unique talent:

Antigony can speak to fire.

More precisely, she can speak to the objects she burns: wood, wax, and candlewicks. This gives her an edge in local secret-selling and a witness to many crimes. But when a series of suspicious fires rages across Lundberg, tracking down the culprits will bring her closer to danger and closer to the truth about her own history than she’s ever known.

The only question is if she can catch the culprits before they catch her.

FIREGIRL, complete at 77,000 words, is an Upper Middle Grade Fantasy set in a Scandinavian Steampunk world. It would appeal to fans of fantasy ala Shannon Hale’s Goose Girl Series, but in world laced with steampunk and whimsy like that found in Gail Carriger’s Etiquette and Espionage.

PM me if this sounds of interest to you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.