Democrat Kyrsten Sinema wins Jeff Flake's seat

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
I was so invested in this race and am so happy (and now that she won, I can say that I remain angry that she signed on as co-sponsor to the hideous GOP bill that would gut the ADA. If she's your future senator, please ask her to support the rights of those with disabilities. Thanks).

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
I was so invested in this race and am so happy (and now that she won, I can say that I remain angry that she signed on as co-sponsor to the hideous GOP bill that would gut the ADA. If she's your future senator, please ask her to support the rights of those with disabilities. Thanks).

Well, she is a Blue Dog Democrat.

But in these parlous times we need every soul.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
Which is why I was fervently hoping she would win, despite her signing onto something truly despicable, something that would make the lives of people like me much, much harder. That's how much I understand what is at stake.

But I hope her constituents will demand better from her and now I can be more vocal about it.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Senator-elect Sinema is the first-openly-bisexual-woman-senator-from-Arizona. :greenie

Her political evolution from quite progressive to Republican-friendly moderate is notable. But she will have to reckon with this newly-awakened Blue population in her state. Hopefully they will continue to keep her apprised of their will.

Last edited: