Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee has passed away at age 95. :(

Link

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
95. Long and successful career doing what he apparently loved. Loved by a fan community he watched grow. Lucky man.

I wonder whether anything on his bucket list remained undone?

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure anything does remain undone. But, if anything, might hazard a guess at seeing Avengers 4 at the cinema with the fans.

RIP, Stan Lee.

Or, since he was Jewish, may his memories be blessings (I think I got that right; please correct me if not).

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
His stories raised and inspired several generations. His legacy will live on for many more.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
While I was making lunch, my 15-year-old son came downstairs and hugged me hard.

Somehow, I knew not to go with my initial sarcastic quip and just held him. Eventually I asked "Did you read something bad in history class?" He's doing a unit on WWI, and sometimes it gets hard.

Lip trembling, he said, "Stan Lee died."

And I teared up a little, too.

We watched Avengers last night in his honor.

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
His stories raised and inspired several generations.

True. My 12 year old daughter was gutted. I'm more than a little saddened by it too. It's amazing what he achieved though. His characters and legacy will live on.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Part of who I am is due to what Stan The Man Lee, Jolly Jack Kirby, Stainless Steve Ditko and the rest of Merry Marvel Marching Society/Bullpen made me. No shit. I love Stan Lee and all the other Marvel fantasy merchants put in me. No disrespect to DC Comics and Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, but I never could relate to their heroes. What was an alien from another planet, a billionaire with unaddressed issues and a non-lesbian Amazon made from clay to me. DC's heroes were unrelatable. They were so fresh, so clean, so White. I couldn't feel Bruce Wayne's pain the way I could Peter Parker's. I was always a Marvelite and it wasn't even close to being close.

Feared, misunderstood, hated and despised, even a dry piece of white toast like Peter Parker/Spider-Man was infinitely more relatable than a wealthy playboy with a proclivity for young orphan boys.

iu

Thanks, Stan. You were a self-promoting SOB and cut yourself a much better deal for yourself than your clobberin' collaborators like Kirby and Ditko ever got and you never looked back, but you lived long enough to see your fantasies on paper come to life on celluloid. Oh, and you got crazy rich in the process, so yeah, that happened too. Fortune always favors the bold. Or at least the first motherfucker to reach the microphone and camera. Sucks for you, Jack and Steve.

I am sorry the year after Stan's wife Joan passed was a particularly bad one for the co-creator of Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, the Hulk, and so many others. Every step he took and every move he made was being poked, prodded and scrutinized by rip-off artists trying to separate an old man from his millions. Lee's sunset years were anything but serene, but as long as he kept showing up in Marvel movies, there seemed to be a hope, Stan the Man might survive the forces trying to rip him off.

I'm sorry Stan Lee is gone, but nowhere as sorry as I would if he had never existed and changed my life. Fantasies could really become reality.

Face front, True Believers. Excelsior! Nuff Said.

Last edited: