• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking beta for HOW TO BE AN IMMORTAL (YA Urban Fantasy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
Hello, everyone!

I'm currently seeking a beta for my YA Urban Fantasy novel, HOW TO BE AN IMMORTAL.

You can find the query here, but in essence, a gorgon lets a down-and-out vampire stay with her in exchange for his help finding her sister. When the search puts him in danger, she has to decide how much she's willing to risk someone else for her family.

As for style of feedback, I want it brutal. If you're not thinking, "I would buy this" at the end, I want to know why, even if it's "I just don't care about these characters."

I prefer to exchange in sections--maybe about 5 chapters or so at a time--so I can keep working on the book during the beta process.

I'm happy to read your manuscript in return. I'm probably not the best beta for, say, historical romance, but I'm fine reading contemporary YA or adult speculative fiction. I can generally do a two-week turnaround time for a 50k manuscript. I tend to offer blunt feedback, though I always make my best efforts to phrase criticism kindly, and I look for the same in return.

I think that's about it. Thanks in advance! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.