Greetings!!

Jonp95

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone I'm new here, I like to class myself as a writer....
I love fantasy books by the likes of Tolkien and George R.R. Martin. I have finished writing my first novel! Now I am editing it and it's taking ages. I know I'll be asking many questions to you all ;)

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Congratulations on finishing your first novel!

Best of luck with it, and welcome to AW!

-Riv-

The much appreciated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:
Congratulations on finishing your novel! That's a huge accomplishment and a significant milestone in your writer's journey. You'll find plenty of helpful folks to answer questions as they arise. There's lots to explore in the forums, too.

All the best,
Riv

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Jonp95

Registered
Reaction score
It's a fantasy about a man living a simple life, who is then thrown into a world divided by magic and politics.

Jonp95

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Jonp95!

Congratulations on finishing your first novel!

Best of luck with it, and welcome to AW!

Congratulations on finishing your novel! That's a huge accomplishment and a significant milestone in your writer's journey. You'll find plenty of helpful folks to answer questions as they arise. There's lots to explore in the forums, too.

All the best,
Riv

Congratulations on your first novel.

Welcome!:welcome:

Welcome to AW! It's always good to see more fantasy writers here :)

Thanks everyone!! Very happy to be here :hooray:

jconnor

Registered
Reaction score
Uh oh, late greeter to the table. I’ll just congratulate you on finishing your story (a more proper way to address it is a draft) and having your first draft is huge. It tells you that you can stick to it until it’s done and that is big. Books take a long time to finish and if anyone can stay on it until completion that shows you have patience, a vision, and a little bit of flash to finish it.

Anyway, good luck with your writing. We’ll always be here.

J

Jonp95

Registered
Reaction score
Uh oh, late greeter to the table. I’ll just congratulate you on finishing your story (a more proper way to address it is a draft) and having your first draft is huge. It tells you that you can stick to it until it’s done and that is big. Books take a long time to finish and if anyone can stay on it until completion that shows you have patience, a vision, and a little bit of flash to finish it.

Anyway, good luck with your writing. We’ll always be here.

J

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm over halfway through editing, but its tough. I am sure I will be using everyone's help :)

Luke Bruton

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome buddy! I can only imagine the excitement you must feel after finally finishing it, I'm so close after 4 years of writing to finishing mine can't wait to have it all edited and complete :partyguy: